Opening Day of the 2014 Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show
The eagerly awaited Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show has officially opened and YachtCharterFleet are here reporting live from the docks amongst a fantastic line-up from the global charter fleet.
The sun is shining down on Fort Lauderdale today as brokers, press, clients, superyacht Owner’s and crew arrive in their droves for the first day of the world’s largest boat show. This year marks the 55th edition of the world renowned yacht show and sees a fantastic display of luxury charter yachts in what is widely considered the ‘Yachting Capital of the World’. YachtCharterFleet will be here all week checking out the latest refits, meeting the crew and taking a look around some of the market’s finest vessels before the Caribbean charter season begins.
The yachting industry has seen a notable increase in market activity since the 2013 FLIBS so it will be interesting to see what effects this may have on success of this year’s event. As the industry’s largest annual superyacht meeting with more than 1,200 exhibitors and a $3 billion-plus worth of yachts, the shows acts as an indication to the current state of the sales and charter markets.
The global leaders in superyacht design and construction are here in force, including Lürssen which after a successful year are due to deliver another three highly acclaimed superyachts by the end of the year. A number of charter yachts are being exhibited, to include the striking 57m/187ft motor yacht SKYFALL, the 51m/167ft superyacht SAI RAM and the imposing 78m/256ft Abeking and Rasmussen M/Y AMARYLLIS.
Photos (86) See gallery
SELECTION OF CHARTER YACHTS ON DISPLAY AT FLIBS 2014
Amaryllis Yacht For Charter
78m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2011
Swan Yacht For Charter
60m Benetti, 2011 / 2014
Lady Sheridan Yacht For Charter
58m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2007 / 2010
Skyfall Yacht For Charter
58m Trinity Yachts, 2010
Unbridled Yacht For Charter
58m Trinity Yachts, 2009 / 2015
Huntress II Yacht For Charter
55m Feadship, 1997 / 2013
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...