New Zealand Enjoys Highly Successful Charter Season
The country’s tourist board reported an increase of 54% in the number of luxury yachts visiting New Zealand in comparison to last season, with 57 vessels in total visiting between April 2014 and March 2015. New Zealand has not enjoyed such numbers since it hosted the America’s Cup in 2000, which saw 90 superyachts travel to the country.
With each visit, a superyacht can dramatically boost a country by contributing between $1-5 million to the economy. This comprises of the cost of berthage, marine services and local tourism by owners, charterers and crew. New legislation permitting superyachts to stay in New Zealand for up to 2 years with some chartering has also increased the country’s popularity.
Auckland has been the hub of the recent wave of superyacht activity, accounting for up to 60% of New Zealand’s yachting industry. Commenting on a successful season, Jason Hill from Auckland Tourism, Events and Economic Development (ATEED), stated “It’s a fantastic outcome and is the result of organistions bringing their expertise together to really put New Zealand on the map as a superyacht destination.”
One vessel of the 57 which visited Auckland in the past year was the 134m Fincantieri superyacht SERENE. The yacht extended its stay in the country for maintenance work, furthermore boosting New Zealand’s income from the yachting industry. Renowned for its refit and maintenance facilities, Auckland also offers “relative anonymity” which is “very enticing” for superyacht owners and charterers according to Mayor Lee Brown.
New Zealand hopes to continue to establish itself as a leading yachting destination and has targeted to attract 75 superyachts to the country’s shores by 2018.
To begin planning a vacation browse all luxury yachts for charter in New Zealand and contact your preferred charter broker for more information.
... an increase of 54% in the number of luxury yachts visiting New Zealand in comparison to last season
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE FOR CHARTER IN NEW ZEALAND
Serene Yacht For Charter
134m Fincantieri, 2011
Triple Seven Yacht For Charter
68m Nobiskrug, 2006 / 2007
Athos Yacht For Charter
62m Holland Jachtbouw, 2010
Ethereal Yacht For Charter
58m Royal Huisman, 2009
Salperton Yacht For Charter
45m Fitzroy, 2009
Hemisphere Yacht For Charter
44m Pendennis, 2011
Douce France Yacht For Charter
42m Alumarine, 1998 / 2015
Destination Yacht For Charter
41m Alloy Yachts, 2003 / 2011
Bliss Yacht For Charter
37m Yachting Developments, 2009
Akiko Yacht For Charter
34m Alloy Yachts, 2007
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...