A five-acre plot in Dania Beach, Florida is set to be the location of a new, well-appointed $12 million superyacht marina.
Plans led by Edelman Development Corp., are underway to buy the spectacular waterfront plot and develop a new marina capable of accommodating up to 20 superyacht berths. Although the final approval has yet to be agreed, it is readily hoped that everything gets the go-ahead for an eagerly-anticipated 2017 opening.
There are currently limited mooring options for superyachts in the area and the new marina with its unobstructed, deep-water access is deliberately targeted to meet the desire for more space from the megayacht community.
Whilst luxury yachts descend on this stretch of Floridian coastline every autumn for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, there is increasing demand for more superyacht berths. The new marina just south of Fort Lauderdale is hoped to fulfil this request for larger berths and open fantastic chartering opportunities for megayachts in the area.
In a further effort to meet this increasing demand, luxury yacht dockominiums development called Harbour Twenty-Six has been proposed to expand Fort Lauderdale.
The Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) has enthusiastically welcomed the venture having witnessed the impact of similar marine developments on the economy and job opportunities for local communities.
With the Atlantic Ocean waters just off Dania Beach having completed a $7 million dredging project in 2014, Dania Beach marina is the ideal location for a new marina and is guaranteed to magnify the wealth of superyacht exposure around Florida.
For more details about organising a Florida vacation, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Or begin your journey by comparing all luxury yachts available for charter in Florida.
To get to our Dania Beach megayacht marina, they'll have unobstructed, deep-water access with no bridges
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...