A five-acre plot in Dania Beach, Florida is set to be the location of a new, well-appointed $12 million superyacht marina.
Plans led by Edelman Development Corp., are underway to buy the spectacular waterfront plot and develop a new marina capable of accommodating up to 20 superyacht berths. Although the final approval has yet to be agreed, it is readily hoped that everything gets the go-ahead for an eagerly-anticipated 2017 opening.
There are currently limited mooring options for superyachts in the area and the new marina with its unobstructed, deep-water access is deliberately targeted to meet the desire for more space from the megayacht community.
Whilst luxury yachts descend on this stretch of Floridian coastline every autumn for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, there is increasing demand for more superyacht berths. The new marina just south of Fort Lauderdale is hoped to fulfil this request for larger berths and open fantastic chartering opportunities for megayachts in the area.
In a further effort to meet this increasing demand, luxury yacht dockominiums development called Harbour Twenty-Six has been proposed to expand Fort Lauderdale.
The Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) has enthusiastically welcomed the venture having witnessed the impact of similar marine developments on the economy and job opportunities for local communities.
With the Atlantic Ocean waters just off Dania Beach having completed a $7 million dredging project in 2014, Dania Beach marina is the ideal location for a new marina and is guaranteed to magnify the wealth of superyacht exposure around Florida.
For more details about organising a Florida vacation, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Or begin your journey by comparing all luxury yachts available for charter in Florida.
To get to our Dania Beach megayacht marina, they'll have unobstructed, deep-water access with no bridges
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed