A five-acre plot in Dania Beach, Florida is set to be the location of a new, well-appointed $12 million superyacht marina.
Plans led by Edelman Development Corp., are underway to buy the spectacular waterfront plot and develop a new marina capable of accommodating up to 20 superyacht berths. Although the final approval has yet to be agreed, it is readily hoped that everything gets the go-ahead for an eagerly-anticipated 2017 opening.
There are currently limited mooring options for superyachts in the area and the new marina with its unobstructed, deep-water access is deliberately targeted to meet the desire for more space from the megayacht community.
Whilst luxury yachts descend on this stretch of Floridian coastline every autumn for the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show, there is increasing demand for more superyacht berths. The new marina just south of Fort Lauderdale is hoped to fulfil this request for larger berths and open fantastic chartering opportunities for megayachts in the area.
In a further effort to meet this increasing demand, luxury yacht dockominiums development called Harbour Twenty-Six has been proposed to expand Fort Lauderdale.
The Marine Industries Association of South Florida (MIASF) has enthusiastically welcomed the venture having witnessed the impact of similar marine developments on the economy and job opportunities for local communities.
With the Atlantic Ocean waters just off Dania Beach having completed a $7 million dredging project in 2014, Dania Beach marina is the ideal location for a new marina and is guaranteed to magnify the wealth of superyacht exposure around Florida.
For more details about organising a Florida vacation, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Or begin your journey by comparing all luxury yachts available for charter in Florida.
To get to our Dania Beach megayacht marina, they'll have unobstructed, deep-water access with no bridges
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charter in MayAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new charter yacht O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...