Attended by the world’s top charter agencies and brokers, the MYBA Charter Show presents an impressive showcase of luxury charter yachts as well as services for the yachting industry.
The current edition is only the second one to take place in Barcelona after the event took place in Italy for 27 years, and the show began at 10am in the Catalonian capital with the 55 superyachts in attendance welcoming aboard show-goers for exclusive yacht viewings.
One of the most exciting yachts at the exhibit is the iconic 82m/267ft luxury yacht ‘Alfa Nero’ from Oceanco. With her jet black hull, glittering white superstructure and an inviting pool on her expansive aft deck, she is difficult not to spot lined up in the Port Vell marina.
She is joined by two other builds from the Dutch shipyard: the 56m/184ft superyacht ‘The Wellesley’, which is an offering from London’s finest boutique-grand hotel, and the 52m/170ft superyacht ‘Lazy Z’, known for her stylish new look interior and enviable entertainment facilities.
Also attracting much attention thanks to her radical exterior styling is the 70m/230ft charter yacht JOY. Fulfilling the brief to ‘create something totally different to every other yacht', the Feadship build is one of the must-see yachts of the show.
With her charcoal-coloured hull, glittering white superstructure and an inviting pool on her expansive aft deck, Alfa Nero is difficult not to spot
Likewise, JOY is appearing alongside fellow Feadship yachts, including the 50m/163ft motor yacht ‘Blu 470’, the 43m/141ft motor yacht GO and the 32m/105ft classic yacht ‘Heavenly Daze’ which, originally launched in 1972, is part of the yard’s heritage fleet.
Plenty of other top shipyards are represented, however. The highly sought-after 73m/239ft motor yacht TITANIA will be showcasing her impeccable Lurssen craftsmanship, the 59m/195ft motor yacht ANDIAMO will be the largest Benetti in attendance and the 55m/180ft superyacht ELIXIR is a 2016 launch from Amels.
On top of yacht viewings, the show also has a vibrant social programme, kicking off tonight with a quay party. Plus, tomorrow will see the start of the highly-anticipated cooking contest. This year, competing chefs are challenged to create five different finger foods to be eaten without cutlery.
The show rounds up with a prize-giving ceremony on the evening of Thursday 26 April. Be sure to check back on YachtCharterFleet for the latest happenings from the show or read 5 of the best superyachts attending the MYBA Charter Show 2018 for more information.
For further details on any of the yachts at the show, speak to your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts attending the MYBA Charter Show 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...