At the 2013 Monaco Yacht Show, the iconic Perini Navi sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ was awarded the very first Baccarat SuperYacht World Trophy after topping the magazine's poll for the ‘Finest Superyacht Ever’.
Built in 2006, the 88m/289’ ‘Maltese Falcon’ boasts the title of the world’s largest and most advanced sailing yacht and is equipped with the latest technologies throughout as well as the revolutionary DynaRig. Although accustomed to receiving a variety of industry accolades, this latest addition to her trophy cabinet certainly represents one of the most important due to it being chosen by superyacht owners and industry experts from around the globe.
Appearing in the July/August issue of SuperYacht World, the magazine compiled a comprehensive ‘Top 50 Finest Superyachts’ list from their readers in order to find out which luxury yachts ranked amongst the top 10. The prestigious Monaco Yacht Show 2013 provided the perfect setting for editor Paul Ashton to present the Baccarat Trophy to ‘Maltese Falcon’s’ Owner the Elena Ambrosiadou in front of a gathering of some of the yachting industry’s biggest players.
On presenting the award, Ashton commented: “It gives me immense pleasure to give this award to such an iconic yacht that has captured the imagination of so many superyacht owners and designers since her launch in 2006.”
Sophie Cotelle, Lighting and Furniture Business Unit Vice-President, said: “Baccarat is very proud to have partnered with the SuperYacht World magazine to create this trophy. This collaboration demonstrates both the innovation in the ever-creative yachting industry and in the excellence of the Baccarat’s craftsmanship.”
The designer of the Maltese Falcon yacht, Ken Freivokh, was also there in Monaco and was very pleased with the new award.
Below is a list of luxury charter yachts that made the ‘Top 50 Finest Superyachts’ list:
1 Maltese Falcon S/Y - 88m Perini Navi
2 Alfa Nero M/Y - 81.27m OceanCo | 2007 / 2009
4 'Christina O' M/Y - 99m Canadian Vickers | 1943 / 2001
7 Athena S/Y - 90m Royal Huisman | 2004 / 2011
9 Endeavour S/Y - Camper & Nicholsons | 1934 / 2011
10 Talitha G M/Y - 80m Krupp Germaniawerft | 1929 / 2008
12 Kismet M/Y - 67m Lurssen | 2007
13 Shamrock V S/Y - 36m Camper & Nicholsons | 1930
18 Sycara IV M/Y - 46m Burger | 2009
24 Twizzle - 57m Royal Huisman | 2010
28 Hemisphere - 44m Pendennis | 2011
29 Eclipse - 162.5m Blohm + Voss | 2010
30 Vertigo - 67m Alloy Yachts | 2011
31 Arkley - 60m Lurssen | 2009
32 Nero - 90m Corsair Yachts | 2008
35 Carl Linné - 32m Holland Jachtbouw | 2003 / 2011
36 Quattroelle - 88m Lurssen | 2013
37 RM Elegant - 72.4m Lamda Nafs Shipyards | 2005
39 Northern Star - 75m Lurssen | 2009
47 Hyperion - 47m Royal Huisman | 1998
48 Kogo - 71.71m Alstom | 2006
50 Big Fish - 45m McMullen & Wing | 2010
For the full list visit SuperYacht World
this latest addition to her trophy cabinet certainly represents one of the most important due to it being chosen by superyacht owners and industry experts from around the globe.
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- World's Largest Superyacht REV Available To CharterSet to become the world's largest superyacht in terms of both length and gross tonnage (GT), the 182m/596ft motor yacht...
- Superyacht 11-11 Now Available for Peak SeasonDue to a change in the owner’s plans, the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11 has some highly desireable and rare charter avail...
- M/Y KHALILAH Joins the Global Charter FleetThe first all carbon superyacht, the 49m/157ft superyacht KHALILAH is the latest addition to the global charter fleet. ...
- M/Y SAVANNAH Offers Rare Charter OpportunityOne of the most highly regarded and exclusive superyachts of all time, the 84m/274ft motor yacht SAVANNAH has some rare...
- Video: Life On Board 83m M/Y ‘Here Comes The Sun’A brand new video released by Amels showcases the levels of luxury to be enjoyed on board their largest superyacht to d...