At the 2013 Monaco Yacht Show, the iconic Perini Navi sailing yacht ‘Maltese Falcon’ was awarded the very first Baccarat SuperYacht World Trophy after topping the magazine's poll for the ‘Finest Superyacht Ever’.
Built in 2006, the 88m/289’ ‘Maltese Falcon’ boasts the title of the world’s largest and most advanced sailing yacht and is equipped with the latest technologies throughout as well as the revolutionary DynaRig. Although accustomed to receiving a variety of industry accolades, this latest addition to her trophy cabinet certainly represents one of the most important due to it being chosen by superyacht owners and industry experts from around the globe.
Appearing in the July/August issue of SuperYacht World, the magazine compiled a comprehensive ‘Top 50 Finest Superyachts’ list from their readers in order to find out which luxury yachts ranked amongst the top 10. The prestigious Monaco Yacht Show 2013 provided the perfect setting for editor Paul Ashton to present the Baccarat Trophy to ‘Maltese Falcon’s’ Owner the Elena Ambrosiadou in front of a gathering of some of the yachting industry’s biggest players.
On presenting the award, Ashton commented: “It gives me immense pleasure to give this award to such an iconic yacht that has captured the imagination of so many superyacht owners and designers since her launch in 2006.”
Sophie Cotelle, Lighting and Furniture Business Unit Vice-President, said: “Baccarat is very proud to have partnered with the SuperYacht World magazine to create this trophy. This collaboration demonstrates both the innovation in the ever-creative yachting industry and in the excellence of the Baccarat’s craftsmanship.”
The designer of the Maltese Falcon yacht, Ken Freivokh, was also there in Monaco and was very pleased with the new award.
Below is a list of luxury charter yachts that made the ‘Top 50 Finest Superyachts’ list:
1 Maltese Falcon S/Y - 88m Perini Navi
2 Alfa Nero M/Y - 81.27m OceanCo | 2007 / 2009
4 'Christina O' M/Y - 99m Canadian Vickers | 1943 / 2001
7 Athena S/Y - 90m Royal Huisman | 2004 / 2011
9 Endeavour S/Y - Camper & Nicholsons | 1934 / 2011
10 Talitha G M/Y - 80m Krupp Germaniawerft | 1929 / 2008
12 Kismet M/Y - 67m Lurssen | 2007
13 Shamrock V S/Y - 36m Camper & Nicholsons | 1930
18 Sycara IV M/Y - 46m Burger | 2009
24 Twizzle - 57m Royal Huisman | 2010
28 Hemisphere - 44m Pendennis | 2011
29 Eclipse - 162.5m Blohm + Voss | 2010
30 Vertigo - 67m Alloy Yachts | 2011
31 Arkley - 60m Lurssen | 2009
32 Nero - 90m Corsair Yachts | 2008
35 Carl Linné - 32m Holland Jachtbouw | 2003 / 2011
36 Quattroelle - 88m Lurssen | 2013
37 RM Elegant - 72.4m Lamda Nafs Shipyards | 2005
39 Northern Star - 75m Lurssen | 2009
47 Hyperion - 47m Royal Huisman | 1998
48 Kogo - 71.71m Alstom | 2006
50 Big Fish - 45m McMullen & Wing | 2010
For the full list visit SuperYacht World
this latest addition to her trophy cabinet certainly represents one of the most important due to it being chosen by superyacht owners and industry experts from around the globe.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...