Replacing the 14-year-old Phuket International Boat Show (PIMEX), the four-day Phuket Rendezvous has transformed the award-winning marina into a bustling hub of all things luxury, with dedicated showcases of superyachts, supercars and luxury brands.
Visitors are able to access over 50 yachts, with Silvercraft, Oryx, Gulf Craft and Princess Yachts among the top boat building companies at the event, and the 60m/197ft charter yacht PARAFFIN from Feadship one of the largest yachts signed up to attend.
Kicking off at 11am local time, the show was officially opened by Phuket Governor Norraphat Plodthong, who was joined by Royal Phuket Marina owner Gulu Lalvani and Gael Burlot, CEO and publisher of event organiser LUX INC Integrated Media.
Taking to the podium, Burlot said: ‘We have more than 40 yachts, measuring up to 32 metres. We also have a superyacht extension at Koh Rang Noi for all the yachts that could not get into the marina, six yachts in total. We have more than 100 partners today and a lot to discover.’
As well as checking out the yachts, boating enthusiasts can also browse the marine accessory exhibits and talk to some of the best yacht brokers and dealers in South East Asia.
Plus, visitors have the chance to meet with bespoke travel organisers and specialists within the hospitality and food industries, while a range of food and beverage outlets ensure everyone is kept well-feed and hydrated.
The four-day Phuket Rendezvous has transformed the award-winning Royal Phuket Marina into a bustling hub of all things luxury
To complement the daytime exhibits, there is an exciting programme of fashion shows, art exhibitions, wine tasting, panel talks and specially curated activities that the whole family can enjoy.
Another highlight is the launch of the Christofle Yacht Style Awards, which will take place at 8pm tonight. With 25 categories, the awards are designed to recognise the excellence and creative flair showcased in the latest motor yacht and sailing yacht models.
Anticipation also surrounds the world-famous Elephant Parade, a social enterprise designed to raise awareness of the survival and well-being of these amazing animals. Twenty life-sized baby elephant models will be exhibited across the show grounds.
The 2018 Phuket Rendezvous is expected to attract around 10,000 visitors. The show’s opening hours are from 11am to 8pm, apart from on the final day (Sunday 7th January) when it will close at the earlier time of 6pm.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...