Yesterday marked the end of another successful edition of the Miami Yacht Show, and as YachtCharterFleet returns from a whirlwind five days of touring yachts and meeting with clients, we take a look back at the boat show.
Running between 13 - 17 February, the Miami Yacht Show welcomed thousands of attendees and hundreds of yachts to downtown Miami.
A grand total of 117 yachts measuring over 78ft were on display at the show, with 25 available for charter and 91 for sale. The average price of attending superyachts for sale was $8 million- a price tag that tops the past two editions of the show.
The average price of attending superyachts for sale was $8 million- a price tag that tops the past two editions of the show.
We published our official intelligence report the day before the show, giving you exclusive insight into market data and key statistics.
One of the most interesting takeaways from our report shows that 2020 played host to one of the youngest fleets in the boat show’s history.
This was clear on the docks, with the 2019-built 279ft (85m) explorer yacht BOLD taking center stage as the largest yacht in attendance. This marks the first time since 2016 that the largest yacht in the show has been delivered in the same year as the boat show or the year preceding it.
The motor yacht made her US debut at Watson Island, impressing attendees with her rugged Espen Oeino exteriors contrasted by refined interiors from Australian studio Vain. Her winter garden was also the subject of much acclaim, having recently scooped up an award at the BOAT Design & Innovation Awards 2020.
BOLD marks the first time since 2016 that the largest yacht in the show has been delivered in the same year as the show or the year preceding.
Our Instagram followers loved a video we shot showing off the yacht’s 14m-wide helideck and AW109 helicopter, as well as the yacht’s basketball court set-up. This area is the perfect example of the yacht’s versatility and ability to host a number of different types of yacht charter vacation.
Attendees included serious buyers, prospective charterers and boating enthusiasts.
Interestingly, the four largest yachts at the show are all available to charter. Lurssen’s 247ft (75m) motor yacht ‘Bella Vita’ drew in attraction with her navy hull and country-manor interior styling. This was the yacht’s first time attending the Miami Yacht Show, and those stepping on board were able to admire her ample alfresco deck areas and upper deck fitness center.
2020 represents one of the youngest fleets in the boat show’s history.
The weather kept well over the course of the show, with some showery intervals and overcast spells. This didn’t stop attendees turning up to view the yachts though, with plenty of serious buyers, prospective charterers and boating enthusiasts among the show-goers.
After successfully debuting a new location last year, the show was back at its new address for 2020. The main show was held at One Herald Plaza between the MacArthur and Venetian Causeways, while the Superyacht Miami element of the show took place at Island Gardens Deep Harbour on Watson Island.
The four largest yachts at the show are all open for private yacht charters.
Once again, the two locations proved popular among show-goers, with a clear understanding of which yachts were set to go on display in which location and a water taxi service between the two locations. The show is expected to stick with this format for 2021.
As the Miami Yacht Show continues to go from strength to strength, we can expect a superb lineup and more success from the boat show next year.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Wanderlust: Destinations worth waiting for Travel restrictions may be in place right now due to COVID-19, to but that isn’t stopping us planning ahead and looking...