We reported a few weeks ago that the magnificent 69m/226ft superyacht SHERAKHAN would be undergoing a refit with Icon Yachts - a project that has already been completed in just eight weeks to ensure she is is fantastic condition for the Caribbean season.
To celebrate this impressive achievement before SHERAKHAN sets off for Antigua, Icon held a party at their shipyard in Harlingen, Netherlands. The yacht’s crew along with the team of designers and yachts builders and engineers at Icon enjoyed live music and festivities while seeing the fantastic results of the refit finished.
Since her launch from Vuyk in 2005 SHERAKHAN has been meticulously maintained to consistently ensure her place amongst the world’s top luxury charter yachts. This latest refit included a full exterior repaint as well an extensive schedule of technical services and upgrades. Her main generators were also replaced with state-of-the-art low emission generators, making her one of an increasing number of charter yachts to lower their impact on the environment while cruising as well as boost fuel efficiency.
Icon Yachts are also responsible for the recently completed remodel and refit of the 68m/223ft luxury motor yacht ICON which was unveiled during the 2014 Monaco Yacht Show. A significant extension was made to her main aft deck to accommodate a stunning 5m infinity swimming pool in addition to a number of other upgrades and small changes to refresh her interior.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.