A number of leading Greek yachting companies have announced the formation of a new yachting association, called the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), and the creation of a new Charter show earlier this week.
The GYA was setup by a number of Greek yachting professionals involved in the Charter, Brokerage, Management, Insurance and Construction of large yachts. Currently the GYA and its members represent over 90% of the crewed charter yachts in Greece under central agency agreement, which include many of of the most popular Greek flagged yachts available to rent (see selection below).
The objective of the association is to:
• maintain high standards of professionalism in charter, sales and yacht management;
• closely cooperate with MYBA association as MYBA members and MYBA companies;
• organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
The founding members of the GYA include:
• AB Felix
• Aris Drivas Yachting
• Atalanta Golden Yachts
• Athens Yachts
• Big Blue Yachting
• Cape4 Yachting
• Istion Yachting
• Megisti Blue Yacht Charters
• North Star Yachting
• Parsifal Yachting
• Seascape Yacht Charters
The first President of the GYA is Michael Skoulikidis, CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts. The board members are Stefanos Macrimihalos, Aris Drivas, Ioannis Kourounis, Amelie Panagakos, Spiros Galanakis and Julie Kourouvani.
The GYA will hold its inaugural luxury yacht charter show, called the Mediterranean Yacht Show, from 3 to 7 May 2014 in the historic town of Nafplion. The new show will be open to both Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, which will be welcomed by international brokers, as it will be an opportunity for them to inspect a wider selection of luxury charter yachts available for charter in the Greek waters next summer, on behalf of their clients, as well as meeting their crew.
It is currently uncertain what will happen to the East Med Yacht Show, which is organised by the Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (HYBA) and the Hellenic Professional Yacht Owners Association (HPYOA), which is scheduled to take place around the corner in Poros at the same time this year.
YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated with the latest details of these shows as soon as it is announced.
organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.