A number of leading Greek yachting companies have announced the formation of a new yachting association, called the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), and the creation of a new Charter show earlier this week.
The GYA was setup by a number of Greek yachting professionals involved in the Charter, Brokerage, Management, Insurance and Construction of large yachts. Currently the GYA and its members represent over 90% of the crewed charter yachts in Greece under central agency agreement, which include many of of the most popular Greek flagged yachts available to rent (see selection below).
The objective of the association is to:
• maintain high standards of professionalism in charter, sales and yacht management;
• closely cooperate with MYBA association as MYBA members and MYBA companies;
• organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
The founding members of the GYA include:
• AB Felix
• Aris Drivas Yachting
• Atalanta Golden Yachts
• Athens Yachts
• Big Blue Yachting
• Cape4 Yachting
• Istion Yachting
• Megisti Blue Yacht Charters
• North Star Yachting
• Parsifal Yachting
• Seascape Yacht Charters
The first President of the GYA is Michael Skoulikidis, CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts. The board members are Stefanos Macrimihalos, Aris Drivas, Ioannis Kourounis, Amelie Panagakos, Spiros Galanakis and Julie Kourouvani.
The GYA will hold its inaugural luxury yacht charter show, called the Mediterranean Yacht Show, from 3 to 7 May 2014 in the historic town of Nafplion. The new show will be open to both Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, which will be welcomed by international brokers, as it will be an opportunity for them to inspect a wider selection of luxury charter yachts available for charter in the Greek waters next summer, on behalf of their clients, as well as meeting their crew.
It is currently uncertain what will happen to the East Med Yacht Show, which is organised by the Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (HYBA) and the Hellenic Professional Yacht Owners Association (HPYOA), which is scheduled to take place around the corner in Poros at the same time this year.
YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated with the latest details of these shows as soon as it is announced.
organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
- Watch Sydney's New Year's Fireworks on M/Y SAHANAThe 37m/120ft motor yacht SAHANA, one of Australia's finest charter yachts, is available for a New Year’s charter in th...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y NARVALO Offers Special Thanksgiving DealCharter the 33m/110ft superyacht NARVALO from Cantiere Delle Marche in the Bahamas this Thanksgiving and get eight days...
- An Update On Caribbean Charter GroundsHurricanes Irma and Maria have left a trail of destruction across the Caribbean and Florida, prompting concerns about t...
- M/Y KATHARINE Enjoys Stunning RefitFinely refined, the classically styled 61m/201ft motor yacht KATHARINE is available for charter in the Mediterranean fo...
- M/Y SHERAKHAN Undergoing Exciting RefitSet to take on a completely new look, the 70m/229ft motor yacht SHERAKHAN is currently halfway through an extensive ref...