A number of leading Greek yachting companies have announced the formation of a new yachting association, called the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), and the creation of a new Charter show earlier this week.
The GYA was setup by a number of Greek yachting professionals involved in the Charter, Brokerage, Management, Insurance and Construction of large yachts. Currently the GYA and its members represent over 90% of the crewed charter yachts in Greece under central agency agreement, which include many of of the most popular Greek flagged yachts available to rent (see selection below).
The objective of the association is to:
• maintain high standards of professionalism in charter, sales and yacht management;
• closely cooperate with MYBA association as MYBA members and MYBA companies;
• organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
The founding members of the GYA include:
• AB Felix
• Aris Drivas Yachting
• Atalanta Golden Yachts
• Athens Yachts
• Big Blue Yachting
• Cape4 Yachting
• Istion Yachting
• Megisti Blue Yacht Charters
• North Star Yachting
• Parsifal Yachting
• Seascape Yacht Charters
The first President of the GYA is Michael Skoulikidis, CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts. The board members are Stefanos Macrimihalos, Aris Drivas, Ioannis Kourounis, Amelie Panagakos, Spiros Galanakis and Julie Kourouvani.
The GYA will hold its inaugural luxury yacht charter show, called the Mediterranean Yacht Show, from 3 to 7 May 2014 in the historic town of Nafplion. The new show will be open to both Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, which will be welcomed by international brokers, as it will be an opportunity for them to inspect a wider selection of luxury charter yachts available for charter in the Greek waters next summer, on behalf of their clients, as well as meeting their crew.
It is currently uncertain what will happen to the East Med Yacht Show, which is organised by the Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (HYBA) and the Hellenic Professional Yacht Owners Association (HPYOA), which is scheduled to take place around the corner in Poros at the same time this year.
YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated with the latest details of these shows as soon as it is announced.
organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...