Greek Yachting Association (GYA) formed by leading Greek yachting professionals
A number of leading Greek yachting companies have announced the formation of a new yachting association, called the Greek Yachting Association (GYA), and the creation of a new Charter show earlier this week.
The GYA was setup by a number of Greek yachting professionals involved in the Charter, Brokerage, Management, Insurance and Construction of large yachts. Currently the GYA and its members represent over 90% of the crewed charter yachts in Greece under central agency agreement, which include many of of the most popular Greek flagged yachts available to rent (see selection below).
The objective of the association is to:
• maintain high standards of professionalism in charter, sales and yacht management;
• closely cooperate with MYBA association as MYBA members and MYBA companies;
• organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
The founding members of the GYA include:
• AB Felix
• Aris Drivas Yachting
• Atalanta Golden Yachts
• Athens Yachts
• Big Blue Yachting
• Cape4 Yachting
• Istion Yachting
• Megisti Blue Yacht Charters
• North Star Yachting
• Parsifal Yachting
• Seascape Yacht Charters
The first President of the GYA is Michael Skoulikidis, CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts. The board members are Stefanos Macrimihalos, Aris Drivas, Ioannis Kourounis, Amelie Panagakos, Spiros Galanakis and Julie Kourouvani.
The GYA will hold its inaugural luxury yacht charter show, called the Mediterranean Yacht Show, from 3 to 7 May 2014 in the historic town of Nafplion. The new show will be open to both Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, which will be welcomed by international brokers, as it will be an opportunity for them to inspect a wider selection of luxury charter yachts available for charter in the Greek waters next summer, on behalf of their clients, as well as meeting their crew.
It is currently uncertain what will happen to the East Med Yacht Show, which is organised by the Hellenic Yacht Brokers Association (HYBA) and the Hellenic Professional Yacht Owners Association (HPYOA), which is scheduled to take place around the corner in Poros at the same time this year.
YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated with the latest details of these shows as soon as it is announced.
organise an annual charter yacht show for the Greek and foreign flag charter yachts, under Central Agency Agreement.
More Yacht Information
Mia Rama Yacht For Charter
54m Golden Yachts, 2010
O'Neiro Yacht For Charter
53m Golden Yachts, 2008
Ipanemas Yacht For Charter
45m Tecnomar, 2012
Barents Sea Yacht For Charter
42m Mondo Marine, 2008
Dragon Yacht For Charter
37m Couach, 2010
Pollux Yacht For Charter
33m Cantieri di Pisa, 2000 / 2008
Duke Yacht For Charter
31m Azimut, 2010
Iris Yacht For Charter
31m Custom Line, 2004
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...