In spite of recent economic uncertainty in the country, industry professionals are reporting that Greece has enjoying a busy charter season, largely unaffected by the crisis.
According to industry sources, a number of luxury yachts are coming to the end of very active summer seasons visiting the country’s ever-popular archipelagos. A significant number enjoyed back-to-back bookings and are continuing to accept bookings into October.
Look to superyachts such as the popular 40m/130ft motor yacht Endless Summer for evidence of the smooth-running charter season. The recently refitted 2003 Westport build was fully booked from the start of June to the end of the August. The speedy 35m/115ft Mairo motor yacht Paris-A additionally enjoyed a fruitful season in Greece, and was apparently completely booked from June 16 until next week.
The one-day turnarounds have also been the norm for 37m/121ft Couach motor yacht DRAGON, which has enjoyed an even busier summer than the year before despite the lack of clarity over its cruising area’s financial future.
The future of luxury yacht chartering in Greece looks positive. As we reported back in July, leading charter companies in Greece were ensuring all necessary provisions were in place to safeguard all clients' current and future interests.
The reassurance from Michael Skoulikidis, president of the GYA and CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts, earlier this summer that charters were continuing ‘without any problems at all’ as everything is ‘under control.’
It is still advisable, however, to discuss the amount of money to be taken to Greece with insurers and lawyers, and make necessary declarations.
A small number of superyachts are still available for end-of-season charter vacations around Greece, for more information, get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
Or compare the wide selection of luxury yachts for charter Greece to ensure you secure your ideal vessel for next summer.
a number of luxury yachts are coming to the end of very active summer seasons
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...