In spite of recent economic uncertainty in the country, industry professionals are reporting that Greece has enjoying a busy charter season, largely unaffected by the crisis.
According to industry sources, a number of luxury yachts are coming to the end of very active summer seasons visiting the country’s ever-popular archipelagos. A significant number enjoyed back-to-back bookings and are continuing to accept bookings into October.
Look to superyachts such as the popular 40m/130ft motor yacht Endless Summer for evidence of the smooth-running charter season. The recently refitted 2003 Westport build was fully booked from the start of June to the end of the August. The speedy 35m/115ft Mairo motor yacht Paris-A additionally enjoyed a fruitful season in Greece, and was apparently completely booked from June 16 until next week.
The one-day turnarounds have also been the norm for 37m/121ft Couach motor yacht DRAGON, which has enjoyed an even busier summer than the year before despite the lack of clarity over its cruising area’s financial future.
The future of luxury yacht chartering in Greece looks positive. As we reported back in July, leading charter companies in Greece were ensuring all necessary provisions were in place to safeguard all clients' current and future interests.
The reassurance from Michael Skoulikidis, president of the GYA and CEO of Atalanta Golden Yachts, earlier this summer that charters were continuing ‘without any problems at all’ as everything is ‘under control.’
It is still advisable, however, to discuss the amount of money to be taken to Greece with insurers and lawyers, and make necessary declarations.
A small number of superyachts are still available for end-of-season charter vacations around Greece, for more information, get in touch with your preferred yacht charter broker.
Or compare the wide selection of luxury yachts for charter Greece to ensure you secure your ideal vessel for next summer.
a number of luxury yachts are coming to the end of very active summer seasons
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...
- New M/Y ‘Liquid Sky’ Joins Global Charter FleetThe newly launched 47m/154ft motor yacht ‘Liquid Sky’ is the latest addition to the charter market and will be availabl...
- Charter Yacht SKYLER Wins ‘Best of the Best’ AwardStorming to victory at an awards ceremony hosted by the Robb Report China last week, the 38m/125ft motor yacht SKYLER w...
- Where Can I Charter In The Caribbean This Winter?As the Caribbean returns to its historic glory following weather complications earlier this year, we provide a fresh up...
- 10 of the Best New sSuperyachts to Charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...