The Greek Yachting Association sends word that the country has enjoyed a surge in visitors this summer, compounding its status as the top tourist destination worldwide.
Firmly establishing itself as the place to be in the Mediterranean during summer, Greece is currently enjoying its busiest season ever. Indeed, the Greece Tourism Confederation has reported that a record-breaking 3.2 million visitors are set to descend on the various islands this August.
Marking a 6.6% rise on the number of visitors at the same time last year, there can be no doubt that the islands are becoming the destination of choice amongst discerning travellers.
The Greek Yachting Association also drew attention to the fact that ‘sailing vacations are undoubtedly an incredible way to discover the beauty of Greece and provide the exclusiveness and independence that many desire’. Of course, visitors can enjoy the same level of privacy and enjoyment from the comfort of a motor yacht.
With close to 6,000 islands to visit, charter guests are unquestionably spoilt for choice when it comes to planning an itinerary in Greece, and could well return each year without ever seeing the same sights twice.
An island-hopper’s paradise, Greece’s islands are situated in close proximity to one another, meaning that the next beautiful coastline is only a short cruise away.
Boasting numerous archaeological sites, monuments, and miles of beautiful beaches, Greece is also unique in the kind of experience visitors can expect.
Brokers claim that more and more visitors are looking to charter this year
Another key advantage of chartering a superyacht in Greece has to do with its distance from the similarly striking cruising grounds of Turkey.Indeed, it is possible to construct an itinerary which takes charter guests through the hotspots of both countries inside of 10 days.
With all of this in mind, it’s unsurprising that Greece is continuing to grow in stature in terms of both a charter and tourist destination.
Signing off their recent announcement, the Greek Yachting Association concluded that ‘on the whole, an increase in Greek tourism is a very encouraging sign and an extremely welcome development for all!’.
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...