The Greek Yachting Association sends word that the country has enjoyed a surge in visitors this summer, compounding its status as the top tourist destination worldwide.
Firmly establishing itself as the place to be in the Mediterranean during summer, Greece is currently enjoying its busiest season ever. Indeed, the Greece Tourism Confederation has reported that a record-breaking 3.2 million visitors are set to descend on the various islands this August.
Marking a 6.6% rise on the number of visitors at the same time last year, there can be no doubt that the islands are becoming the destination of choice amongst discerning travellers.
The Greek Yachting Association also drew attention to the fact that ‘sailing vacations are undoubtedly an incredible way to discover the beauty of Greece and provide the exclusiveness and independence that many desire’. Of course, visitors can enjoy the same level of privacy and enjoyment from the comfort of a motor yacht.
With close to 6,000 islands to visit, charter guests are unquestionably spoilt for choice when it comes to planning an itinerary in Greece, and could well return each year without ever seeing the same sights twice.
An island-hopper’s paradise, Greece’s islands are situated in close proximity to one another, meaning that the next beautiful coastline is only a short cruise away.
Boasting numerous archaeological sites, monuments, and miles of beautiful beaches, Greece is also unique in the kind of experience visitors can expect.
Brokers claim that more and more visitors are looking to charter this year
Another key advantage of chartering a superyacht in Greece has to do with its distance from the similarly striking cruising grounds of Turkey.Indeed, it is possible to construct an itinerary which takes charter guests through the hotspots of both countries inside of 10 days.
With all of this in mind, it’s unsurprising that Greece is continuing to grow in stature in terms of both a charter and tourist destination.
Signing off their recent announcement, the Greek Yachting Association concluded that ‘on the whole, an increase in Greek tourism is a very encouraging sign and an extremely welcome development for all!’.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...