The Greek Yachting Association sends word that the country has enjoyed a surge in visitors this summer, compounding its status as the top tourist destination worldwide.
Firmly establishing itself as the place to be in the Mediterranean during summer, Greece is currently enjoying its busiest season ever. Indeed, the Greece Tourism Confederation has reported that a record-breaking 3.2 million visitors are set to descend on the various islands this August.
Marking a 6.6% rise on the number of visitors at the same time last year, there can be no doubt that the islands are becoming the destination of choice amongst discerning travellers.
The Greek Yachting Association also drew attention to the fact that ‘sailing vacations are undoubtedly an incredible way to discover the beauty of Greece and provide the exclusiveness and independence that many desire’. Of course, visitors can enjoy the same level of privacy and enjoyment from the comfort of a motor yacht.
With close to 6,000 islands to visit, charter guests are unquestionably spoilt for choice when it comes to planning an itinerary in Greece, and could well return each year without ever seeing the same sights twice.
An island-hopper’s paradise, Greece’s islands are situated in close proximity to one another, meaning that the next beautiful coastline is only a short cruise away.
Boasting numerous archaeological sites, monuments, and miles of beautiful beaches, Greece is also unique in the kind of experience visitors can expect.
Brokers claim that more and more visitors are looking to charter this year
Another key advantage of chartering a superyacht in Greece has to do with its distance from the similarly striking cruising grounds of Turkey.Indeed, it is possible to construct an itinerary which takes charter guests through the hotspots of both countries inside of 10 days.
With all of this in mind, it’s unsurprising that Greece is continuing to grow in stature in terms of both a charter and tourist destination.
Signing off their recent announcement, the Greek Yachting Association concluded that ‘on the whole, an increase in Greek tourism is a very encouraging sign and an extremely welcome development for all!’.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...