The Greek Yachting Association sends word that the country has enjoyed a surge in visitors this summer, compounding its status as the top tourist destination worldwide.
Firmly establishing itself as the place to be in the Mediterranean during summer, Greece is currently enjoying its busiest season ever. Indeed, the Greece Tourism Confederation has reported that a record-breaking 3.2 million visitors are set to descend on the various islands this August.
Marking a 6.6% rise on the number of visitors at the same time last year, there can be no doubt that the islands are becoming the destination of choice amongst discerning travellers.
The Greek Yachting Association also drew attention to the fact that ‘sailing vacations are undoubtedly an incredible way to discover the beauty of Greece and provide the exclusiveness and independence that many desire’. Of course, visitors can enjoy the same level of privacy and enjoyment from the comfort of a motor yacht.
With close to 6,000 islands to visit, charter guests are unquestionably spoilt for choice when it comes to planning an itinerary in Greece, and could well return each year without ever seeing the same sights twice.
An island-hopper’s paradise, Greece’s islands are situated in close proximity to one another, meaning that the next beautiful coastline is only a short cruise away.
Boasting numerous archaeological sites, monuments, and miles of beautiful beaches, Greece is also unique in the kind of experience visitors can expect.
Brokers claim that more and more visitors are looking to charter this year
Another key advantage of chartering a superyacht in Greece has to do with its distance from the similarly striking cruising grounds of Turkey.Indeed, it is possible to construct an itinerary which takes charter guests through the hotspots of both countries inside of 10 days.
With all of this in mind, it’s unsurprising that Greece is continuing to grow in stature in terms of both a charter and tourist destination.
Signing off their recent announcement, the Greek Yachting Association concluded that ‘on the whole, an increase in Greek tourism is a very encouraging sign and an extremely welcome development for all!’.
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...