Originally launched in 2004, UTOPIA returned to the Feadship yard for the third time in April, following the previously successful projects in 2008/2009 and 2013.
In just two and a half months, the Feadship yard in Makkum, the Netherlands, repainted the cabin walls, mast and foredeck, blasted the underwater ship and installed a new AF system.
A range of technical enhancements and refurbishments were also carried out along with activities related to the 15-year Lloyd’s survey. Plus, technical systems were upgraded in the engine room so she can now spend even longer periods of time cruising on a private yacht charter.
“This project has once again made sure that UTOPIA has the highest pedigree possible in the world today,” said Captain Kevin Collins before leaving for the Mediterranean.
Among the key features of the yacht is a two-level sundeck where guests can unwind in a Jacuzzi 15 metres above the sea while taking in 360-degree views, as well as bask in the sunshine and catch up with friends and family in an inviting alfresco lounge.
This project has once again made sure that UTOPIA has the highest pedigree possible in the world today
Charterers can also enjoy alfresco dinners together and access exciting water toys, such as water skis, WaveRunners, towable toys and Laser sail boats, from the large swim platform. There is also a 10-metre-high inflatable water slide, a water trampoline and scuba diving equipment on board.
The interior of luxury yacht UTOPIA, meanwhile, exudes sophistication and comfort thanks to esteemed design firm Redman Whitely Dixon, which has brought together light oak panelling with elegant furniture and the finest marbles to brilliant effect.
After a day at sea, guests can retreat into one of six staterooms, including a master suite which expands across an entire deck with its own terrace, Jacuzzi, study and gym. A VIP suite and four double cabins conclude the accommodation offering. Twelve guests can sleep on board in total.
What’s more, charterers wishing to book a vacation aboard the yacht this summer will be pleased to hear there is currently a Mediterranean charter special aboard superyacht UTOPIA.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed