Originally launched in 2004, UTOPIA returned to the Feadship yard for the third time in April, following the previously successful projects in 2008/2009 and 2013.
In just two and a half months, the Feadship yard in Makkum, the Netherlands, repainted the cabin walls, mast and foredeck, blasted the underwater ship and installed a new AF system.
A range of technical enhancements and refurbishments were also carried out along with activities related to the 15-year Lloyd’s survey. Plus, technical systems were upgraded in the engine room so she can now spend even longer periods of time cruising on a private yacht charter.
“This project has once again made sure that UTOPIA has the highest pedigree possible in the world today,” said Captain Kevin Collins before leaving for the Mediterranean.
Among the key features of the yacht is a two-level sundeck where guests can unwind in a Jacuzzi 15 metres above the sea while taking in 360-degree views, as well as bask in the sunshine and catch up with friends and family in an inviting alfresco lounge.
This project has once again made sure that UTOPIA has the highest pedigree possible in the world today
Charterers can also enjoy alfresco dinners together and access exciting water toys, such as water skis, WaveRunners, towable toys and Laser sail boats, from the large swim platform. There is also a 10-metre-high inflatable water slide, a water trampoline and scuba diving equipment on board.
The interior of luxury yacht UTOPIA, meanwhile, exudes sophistication and comfort thanks to esteemed design firm Redman Whitely Dixon, which has brought together light oak panelling with elegant furniture and the finest marbles to brilliant effect.
After a day at sea, guests can retreat into one of six staterooms, including a master suite which expands across an entire deck with its own terrace, Jacuzzi, study and gym. A VIP suite and four double cabins conclude the accommodation offering. Twelve guests can sleep on board in total.
What’s more, charterers wishing to book a vacation aboard the yacht this summer will be pleased to hear there is currently a Mediterranean charter special aboard superyacht UTOPIA.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...