New photos show the conversion of 68m/ 223ft expedition yacht 'Project Ragnar' is starting to take shape at Icon Yachts.
Due for re-delivery later this year, Project Ragnar is undergoing the final stages of her conversion with Dutch yard Icon Yachts.
The vessel, which started life in 2012 as an icebreaker named Sanoborg, entered Icon's Harlingen facilities in July 2017 to begin her transformation.
She will be particularly well-suited to these high-latitude cruising grounds, thanks to special ice-breaking pods capable of ‘chewing through’ thick sheets of Arctic ice.
New photos released by Icon show the yacht's water accessories garage beginning to form.
When finished, the yacht will be able to store a Luxury Ripsaw tank, a light-utility helicopter, a sea explorer submarine and a pair of eight-metre tenders.
She is strong as a rhino disguised as a swan.
Other stand-out amenities include a spacious swimming pool, snow room and helicopter refuelling station.
Previously described as a “rhino disguised as a swan” by Icon Yachts, the yard has said she was “originally built to confront rough weather conditions and she has a surplus of power.”
She originally built to confront rough weather conditions and she has a surplus of power.
British design studio Redman Whiteley Dixon is responsible for the new exteriors and interiors of the yacht.
Her distinctive profile has been influenced by medieval warship design, balanced with sleek, modern lines that leave her with a streamlined appearance.
Accommodation is provided for 16 guests in seven cabins, which includes two owner’s suites.
- Yacht charter and the Coronavirus: Everything you need to knowThe impact of the Coronavirus has left many charterers with questions about booking, and that’s understandable. Get all...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...
- Brand new 95m charter yacht O’PARI on track for 2020 delivery Golden Yachts is set to launch the 95m/310ft motor yacht O’PARI next spring, following which she will be available for ...