New photos show the conversion of 68m/ 223ft expedition yacht 'Project Ragnar' is starting to take shape at Icon Yachts.
Due for re-delivery later this year, Project Ragnar is undergoing the final stages of her conversion with Dutch yard Icon Yachts.
The vessel, which started life in 2012 as an icebreaker named Sanoborg, entered Icon's Harlingen facilities in July 2017 to begin her transformation.
She will be particularly well-suited to these high-latitude cruising grounds, thanks to special ice-breaking pods capable of ‘chewing through’ thick sheets of Arctic ice.
New photos released by Icon show the yacht's water accessories garage beginning to form.
When finished, the yacht will be able to store a Luxury Ripsaw tank, a light-utility helicopter, a sea explorer submarine and a pair of eight-metre tenders.
She is strong as a rhino disguised as a swan.
Other stand-out amenities include a spacious swimming pool, snow room and helicopter refuelling station.
Previously described as a “rhino disguised as a swan” by Icon Yachts, the yard has said she was “originally built to confront rough weather conditions and she has a surplus of power.”
She originally built to confront rough weather conditions and she has a surplus of power.
British design studio Redman Whiteley Dixon is responsible for the new exteriors and interiors of the yacht.
Her distinctive profile has been influenced by medieval warship design, balanced with sleek, modern lines that leave her with a streamlined appearance.
Accommodation is provided for 16 guests in seven cabins, which includes two owner’s suites.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.