Marking the start of the superyacht season in South East Asia, Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous (KRSR) will attract a whole host of VIPs, superyacht owners, industry professionals and charter yachts such as Northern Sun.
A go-anywhere explorer, the expedition yacht is based in Phuket’s Yacht Haven Marina and offers charter vacations across the region, from the waters of Phang Nga and the Similan Islands in Thailand to the remote destinations of Myanmar and the Andaman Islands.
Starting life as a Japanese ice-class research vessel in 1976, she was transformed into the luxury charter yacht she is today after an extensive two-year refit completed in 2007. She now boasts luxe spaces inside and out dedicated to entertainment and relaxation.
On deck, she features a spacious aft deck alfresco dining area, a secluded lounging spot on the foredeck, perfect for sipping cocktails as the sun sets, and a private sundeck complete with a Jacuzzi, sunning opportunities and unobstructed vistas.
The Asian influence on luxury yacht Northern Sun, meanwhile, can be seen in the use of tropical woods such as teak, makore and narra throughout her expansive interior.
The main deck is dedicated to socialising, with a spacious main salon as well as an entertainment salon with a games table and piano. There is a third salon aft, more suitable for unwinding, while formal dining is possible here too.
On a yacht charter, she is capable of comfortably sleeping 12 guests in six staterooms, including a huge master suite, three double cabins and two twin cabins. There is also a fantastic selection of water toys on board.
At the upcoming rendezvous, she will be positioned out at anchor in the Andaman Sea and inviting guests aboard as part of a cocktail soiree and yacht hop.
Indeed, the invitation-only event is designed to bring like-minded people together to connect in a relaxed social environment.
The invitation-only event is designed to bring like-minded people together to connect in a relaxed social environment
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.