Marking the start of the superyacht season in South East Asia, Kata Rocks Superyacht Rendezvous (KRSR) will attract a whole host of VIPs, superyacht owners, industry professionals and charter yachts such as Northern Sun.
A go-anywhere explorer, the expedition yacht is based in Phuket’s Yacht Haven Marina and offers charter vacations across the region, from the waters of Phang Nga and the Similan Islands in Thailand to the remote destinations of Myanmar and the Andaman Islands.
Starting life as a Japanese ice-class research vessel in 1976, she was transformed into the luxury charter yacht she is today after an extensive two-year refit completed in 2007. She now boasts luxe spaces inside and out dedicated to entertainment and relaxation.
On deck, she features a spacious aft deck alfresco dining area, a secluded lounging spot on the foredeck, perfect for sipping cocktails as the sun sets, and a private sundeck complete with a Jacuzzi, sunning opportunities and unobstructed vistas.
The Asian influence on luxury yacht Northern Sun, meanwhile, can be seen in the use of tropical woods such as teak, makore and narra throughout her expansive interior.
The main deck is dedicated to socialising, with a spacious main salon as well as an entertainment salon with a games table and piano. There is a third salon aft, more suitable for unwinding, while formal dining is possible here too.
On a yacht charter, she is capable of comfortably sleeping 12 guests in six staterooms, including a huge master suite, three double cabins and two twin cabins. There is also a fantastic selection of water toys on board.
At the upcoming rendezvous, she will be positioned out at anchor in the Andaman Sea and inviting guests aboard as part of a cocktail soiree and yacht hop.
Indeed, the invitation-only event is designed to bring like-minded people together to connect in a relaxed social environment.
The invitation-only event is designed to bring like-minded people together to connect in a relaxed social environment
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...