Jaan is the most unique new addition to the St Tropez fine dining scene, bringing bold Indo-Asian flavours to a superyacht anchored in the bay of St Tropez for a limited time only.
Now open for the summer season, Jaan is a unique restaurant and premium bar concept hosted on board the 30m/98ft motor yacht VERVECE in the St Tropez Gulf.
Fusing the unbeatable setting of a superyacht with modern French cuisine infused with flavours from Calcutta, the venue promises a gastronomic journey for the senses.
The restaurant concept will be open between July and August, with a dedicated tender service to transport diners to and from the main port in St Tropez.
The restaurant is headed up by Priyam Chatterjee, a world-renowned chef whose innovative approach to cuisine earnt him a special mention in Forbes India 30 under 30 List last year.
His wealth of experience in Bengali gastronomy has crowned him with numerous prestigious accolades, and he is now bringing his signature brand of fine dining to the French Riviera.
The restaurant's central dining area is located on the main deck aft, where diners can enjoy their meals alfresco while feeling totally connected to the sea and the surroundings.
In addition, there is an open-plan interior dining salon that is light, airy and furnished in neutral tones with warm suffusions of orange.
The eight-course menu is announced each week and varies to ensure ingredients are fresh and seasonal.
The cocktail bar is headed up by experienced mixologist Lillian Sausset.
Jaan also places strong emphasis on decadent cocktails, which puts Lilian Sausset’s expert mixology front and centre.
Sausset has an inventive flair for creating punchy drinks using unusual ingredients, and diners can expect each perfectly-prepared cocktail to complement the phenomenal cuisine and equally resplendent setting.
Diners arrive to Jaan via tender, and are then free to explore the yacht and soak up the vistas over the Mediterranean with a drink in hand.
Before and after their meal, diners can take advantage of the well-appointed sun deck and upper deck aft. From here, diners can expect incredible panoramas over the setting sun and later, a star-studded sky.
While on a yacht charter in the South of France, be sure to book at Jaan to discover a refined take on modern dining.
YachtCharterFleet will be publishing a review of our time in St Tropez, which will include the dining experience at Jaan.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed