Cutting an impressive figure at Superyachts Miami 2016, Double Down had even more in store for those lucky enough to get a look inside.
After spending four months undergoing a refit in a new yard in Fort Pierce, she arrived (freshly painted, obviously) in time to showcase her latest features to the discerning guests in attendance.
As we were given an extensive and informative tour, it became increasingly obvious that she has enjoyed the best kind of refit.
That is, rather than overhauling her styling completely- an unnecessary measure by anyone’s standards- she has opted to refine her already sophisticated aesthetic.
Making all of this more exciting, of course, is the fact that she has only recently joined the charter fleet, and is believed to be available for her first guests this year.
Catching sight of a sleek black Steinway piano nicely situated in the centre of a room off the main salon, it was clear that the refit meant serious business.
As well as boasting new sculptures and artwork on the main deck, the skylounge has also received considerable attention over the course of the refit.
Complemented by a selection of warm woods which have all received expert treatment, the social areas are strikingly inviting and entirely unique.
Interestingly, the work carried on these areas was achieved by sending photographs to the design team back in London who would then suggest improvements- a totally modern approach to yacht design which has clearly paid off.
Elsewhere on the main deck, influences range from art deco, to oriental, to the ultra-modern, ensuring that there is something for everyone in this impressively seamless interior.
Enjoying her refit immediately before becoming available for charter, there’s no question that Double Down has all the makings of a highly prized superyacht
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...