Cutting an impressive figure at Superyachts Miami 2016, Double Down had even more in store for those lucky enough to get a look inside.
After spending four months undergoing a refit in a new yard in Fort Pierce, she arrived (freshly painted, obviously) in time to showcase her latest features to the discerning guests in attendance.
As we were given an extensive and informative tour, it became increasingly obvious that she has enjoyed the best kind of refit.
That is, rather than overhauling her styling completely- an unnecessary measure by anyone’s standards- she has opted to refine her already sophisticated aesthetic.
Making all of this more exciting, of course, is the fact that she has only recently joined the charter fleet, and is believed to be available for her first guests this year.
Catching sight of a sleek black Steinway piano nicely situated in the centre of a room off the main salon, it was clear that the refit meant serious business.
As well as boasting new sculptures and artwork on the main deck, the skylounge has also received considerable attention over the course of the refit.
Complemented by a selection of warm woods which have all received expert treatment, the social areas are strikingly inviting and entirely unique.
Interestingly, the work carried on these areas was achieved by sending photographs to the design team back in London who would then suggest improvements- a totally modern approach to yacht design which has clearly paid off.
Elsewhere on the main deck, influences range from art deco, to oriental, to the ultra-modern, ensuring that there is something for everyone in this impressively seamless interior.
Enjoying her refit immediately before becoming available for charter, there’s no question that Double Down has all the makings of a highly prized superyacht
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.