Cutting an impressive figure at Superyachts Miami 2016, Double Down had even more in store for those lucky enough to get a look inside.
After spending four months undergoing a refit in a new yard in Fort Pierce, she arrived (freshly painted, obviously) in time to showcase her latest features to the discerning guests in attendance.
As we were given an extensive and informative tour, it became increasingly obvious that she has enjoyed the best kind of refit.
That is, rather than overhauling her styling completely- an unnecessary measure by anyone’s standards- she has opted to refine her already sophisticated aesthetic.
Making all of this more exciting, of course, is the fact that she has only recently joined the charter fleet, and is believed to be available for her first guests this year.
Catching sight of a sleek black Steinway piano nicely situated in the centre of a room off the main salon, it was clear that the refit meant serious business.
As well as boasting new sculptures and artwork on the main deck, the skylounge has also received considerable attention over the course of the refit.
Complemented by a selection of warm woods which have all received expert treatment, the social areas are strikingly inviting and entirely unique.
Interestingly, the work carried on these areas was achieved by sending photographs to the design team back in London who would then suggest improvements- a totally modern approach to yacht design which has clearly paid off.
Elsewhere on the main deck, influences range from art deco, to oriental, to the ultra-modern, ensuring that there is something for everyone in this impressively seamless interior.
Enjoying her refit immediately before becoming available for charter, there’s no question that Double Down has all the makings of a highly prized superyacht
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...