Lurssen’s 142m/466ft motor yacht NORD, formerly known as Project Opus, has successfully been delivered to her owner. She set off from the German yard this morning on her maiden voyage to Gibraltar.
First announced in December 2015, the name NORD was exclusively revealed by YachtCharterFleet and was initially proposed to be a 139m Project. She has since been extended by an additional three metres, allowing for extra amenities onboard.
Sporting immaculate design from Italian studio Nuvolari & Lenard, who previously collaborated with Lurssen on the award-winning 88m/289ft superyacht QUATTROELLE, the yacht's profile is particularly striking.
One of the most iconic components of her exterior is the subtle nod to the automobile industry; NORD is the first yacht to have her nameplate on the bow, much like a car grill.
NORD showcases her capacious volume of 9,250GT by providing extensive relaxation and lounging areas, as well as indulgent social environments for unforgettable parties.
Featuring a displacement steel hull and aluminium superstructure, with teak decks, NORD has been built in compliance to Lloyds Register PYC classification society rules.
First seen on the move in October 2018, before becoming Project Opus in 2019, she joins the Top 10 of the World's longest yachts alongside 180m (592.7ft) superyacht AZZAM and 156m (511.8ft) DILBAR.
Indicating several unique features onboard the latest Lurssen megayacht, dual helipads, on-deck swimming pools and Jacuzzis are just some key features listed for NORD.
A spacious sports and diving centre accompany storage for tenders up to 15m, and a custom hangar slides in to place within the superstructure when not in use.
It is currently unknown whether NORD is to be available for superyacht charters.
If you are interested in taking a Lurssen megayacht for your next charter vacation you can view and compare all Lurssen charter yachts.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed