Delivered in 1978 by Halter Marine, expedition yacht SuRi has added to her long list of water toys - with highlights including a fold-up seaplane, three Waverunners, two Jet-skis, two Seabobs, two rowing boats and a range of towables and inflatables - with a new 2015 model C-Explorer 3 from U-Boat Worx on board.
The submersible can reach depths up to 3,000 feet below sea-level and has a dive time of 16 hours. Its acrylic pressure hull offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the expanse of the ocean.
Part of extensive 2-month refit taking place at Bangkok Dock by Yacht Solutions, she will also benefit from an exterior repaint, tank blasting, steel work, interior carpentry, engineering, HVAC work and electrical work before returning to offering luxury charters across the globe this winter.
Her previous 2012 refit in California notably included a 35-foot mid-body extension, the enlarging of her staterooms and the addition of a climate-controlled dining room.
One of few purpose-built yachts in the global charter fleet, SuRi's new addition represents the growing demand for submarines to accompany charter vessels to offer a truly unique experience. Summer charters in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands offer a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Her additional helicopter, a scooter, five road bikes and two BMW bikes mean she is equipped for every type of adventure possible. Later guests can unwind in her deck Jacuzzi or movie theatre, enjoy barbecue dining al fresco or enjoy incredible views underwater from her media room's glass sea windows.
She comfortably accommodates up to 12 guests within 8 well-appointed staterooms, comprising of a master suite, four VIP staterooms, a double cabin, a twin cabin and one convertible cabin.
SuRI cruises at 10 knots, with a top speed of 12 knots, and has a range of 9900nm from 241256 litre fuel tanks.
...a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Contact your preferred charter broker to discuss a luxury charter vacation on board SuRi in July or August 2015, where you can test out her exciting new water toy surrounded by the beauty of Papua New Guinea.
Alternatively, view all superyachts for charter in Papau New Guinea to compare the size, amenities and water toys of vessels which cruise here.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...