Delivered in 1978 by Halter Marine, expedition yacht SuRi has added to her long list of water toys - with highlights including a fold-up seaplane, three Waverunners, two Jet-skis, two Seabobs, two rowing boats and a range of towables and inflatables - with a new 2015 model C-Explorer 3 from U-Boat Worx on board.
The submersible can reach depths up to 3,000 feet below sea-level and has a dive time of 16 hours. Its acrylic pressure hull offers breathtaking 360-degree views of the expanse of the ocean.
Part of extensive 2-month refit taking place at Bangkok Dock by Yacht Solutions, she will also benefit from an exterior repaint, tank blasting, steel work, interior carpentry, engineering, HVAC work and electrical work before returning to offering luxury charters across the globe this winter.
Her previous 2012 refit in California notably included a 35-foot mid-body extension, the enlarging of her staterooms and the addition of a climate-controlled dining room.
One of few purpose-built yachts in the global charter fleet, SuRi's new addition represents the growing demand for submarines to accompany charter vessels to offer a truly unique experience. Summer charters in Papua New Guinea and the Solomon Islands offer a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Her additional helicopter, a scooter, five road bikes and two BMW bikes mean she is equipped for every type of adventure possible. Later guests can unwind in her deck Jacuzzi or movie theatre, enjoy barbecue dining al fresco or enjoy incredible views underwater from her media room's glass sea windows.
She comfortably accommodates up to 12 guests within 8 well-appointed staterooms, comprising of a master suite, four VIP staterooms, a double cabin, a twin cabin and one convertible cabin.
SuRI cruises at 10 knots, with a top speed of 12 knots, and has a range of 9900nm from 241256 litre fuel tanks.
...a fantastic opportunity to explore deep wrecks and exotic marine life from the comfort of a submarine.
Contact your preferred charter broker to discuss a luxury charter vacation on board SuRi in July or August 2015, where you can test out her exciting new water toy surrounded by the beauty of Papua New Guinea.
Alternatively, view all superyachts for charter in Papau New Guinea to compare the size, amenities and water toys of vessels which cruise here.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- Sneak preview inside brand new M/Y O’MATHILDENow only a couple of months from completion, a number of exciting renderings have been published to illustrate the fasc...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Popular Marinas Reopen In The CaribbeanIn yet more good news for the Caribbean, it was revealed today that key marinas in the Virgin Islands and St Martin hav...