The first hull in Damen's SeaXplorer 77 series, the 77m/253ft explorer yacht ‘La Datcha’, has been launched by the yard.
Hitting the waters for the first time at Damen’s facilities in Galati on June 3, La Datcha will now be making her way to the Netherlands for outfitting. She is due to be delivered in September 2020.
The expedition yacht was commissioned by an experienced owner who intends to use her as a charter yacht.
She is expected to become available to charter in 2021 around some of the most high-latitude regions of the planet, including Alaska and Antarctica.
View this post on Instagram
That feeling when you watch the hull of your 2,560 Gross Tonnage expedition yacht hull hitting the water for the first time. This is the 77-metre @la.datcha expedition yacht at our hull building yard. Next stop the Netherlands for outfitting before September 2020 delivery. 📸 by @tomvanoossanen. #DAMEN #SeaXplorer #megayacht #exploreryacht #expeditionyacht #yachting #launch
She will be well-suited to these remote cruising grounds, as she boasts an ice-classed hull and has the capacity to be totally autonomous at sea for up to 40 days.
The yacht is also intended to be used as a surfing, diving and heliskiing platform. She is home to two helicopters, a hangar, dive centre and twin tender garages.
Damen has previously declared the motor yacht to be “the ultimate crossover of superyacht quality and finish with serious capability”.
The ultimate crossover of superyacht quality and finish with serious capability.
La Datcha provides accommodation for up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes an expansive owner's apartment complete with an observation lounge and private deck.
She benefits from a host of luxurious amenities and state-of-the-art accessories, including snowmobiles, Jet Skis and a mini submarine.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.