The first hull in Damen's SeaXplorer 77 series, the 77m/253ft explorer yacht ‘La Datcha’, has been launched by the yard.
Hitting the waters for the first time at Damen’s facilities in Galati on June 3, La Datcha will now be making her way to the Netherlands for outfitting. She is due to be delivered in September 2020.
The expedition yacht was commissioned by an experienced owner who intends to use her as a charter yacht.
She is expected to become available to charter in 2021 around some of the most high-latitude regions of the planet, including Alaska and Antarctica.
View this post on Instagram
That feeling when you watch the hull of your 2,560 Gross Tonnage expedition yacht hull hitting the water for the first time. This is the 77-metre @la.datcha expedition yacht at our hull building yard. Next stop the Netherlands for outfitting before September 2020 delivery. 📸 by @tomvanoossanen. #DAMEN #SeaXplorer #megayacht #exploreryacht #expeditionyacht #yachting #launch
She will be well-suited to these remote cruising grounds, as she boasts an ice-classed hull and has the capacity to be totally autonomous at sea for up to 40 days.
The yacht is also intended to be used as a surfing, diving and heliskiing platform. She is home to two helicopters, a hangar, dive centre and twin tender garages.
Damen has previously declared the motor yacht to be “the ultimate crossover of superyacht quality and finish with serious capability”.
The ultimate crossover of superyacht quality and finish with serious capability.
La Datcha provides accommodation for up to 12 guests in six cabins, which includes an expansive owner's apartment complete with an observation lounge and private deck.
She benefits from a host of luxurious amenities and state-of-the-art accessories, including snowmobiles, Jet Skis and a mini submarine.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed