The annual industry-only event, now in its 36th year, will bring together a fleet of around 30 charter yachts, which will be based in the region during the upcoming season.
Organised by the BVI’s Charter Yacht Society (CYS), the show is a sign of the island-chain’s renewed strength following the devastation it suffered at the hands of September’s hurricane.
Sharon Flax-Brutus, the British Virgin Islands’ director of tourism, said: ‘The BVI Charter Yacht Society Boat Show gives yacht brokers an opportunity to view the yachts that sail our waters as well as experience what their guests enjoy while in the British Virgin Islands.’
She also said the destination had recognised its yachting sector would be the first to ‘open for business.’
As well as the usual yacht viewings, culinary competition and yacht hop, there will be a number of activities in the show’s schedule reflecting the recent hardship endured by the archipelago.
On the opening night, a welcome event will demonstrate the BVI’s ‘comeback’ as an industry, as well as celebrate the opening of the charter season.
Many local businesses that play a key role in the BVI's charter industry, such as food and beverage providers, telecommunication companies and dive services, will be present depsite the obstacles they've faced since Hurricane Irma hit.
There will also be a volunteer initiative on 10th November – the day after the show finishes. Volunteers will go to Jost Van Dyke for the day and give a hand in the clear up effort, focusing mainly on the marina.
Many of the yachts attending the show will be luxury catamarans, including the 23m/76ft charter yacht TRANQUILITY, the 23m/75ft charter yacht 'Xenia 74' and the 23m/74ft charter yacht 'Lady Alliaura'.
The BVI Charter Yacht Society Boat Show gives yacht brokers an opportunity to view the yachts that sail our waters as well as experience what their guests enjoy while in the British Virgin Islands
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...