Charter volumes in Greece for the 2016 summer season have been performing better than anticipated following concerns that the refugee crisis would have a negative impact on the nation’s tourist industry.
Greece’s prevalence as a top yachting destination is fantastic news for the country’s tourism as well as the nation as a whole.
The Greek Yachting Association has attributed this success to three main reasons, with the first being that the flow of refugees into the country has now come to a complete halt.
Secondly, yachting enthusiasts and yachting professionals have clearly understood that the refugee issue has affected only a handful of Greece’s several thousand islands, despite misleading impressions created by the international media.
The fact that charter numbers are surpassing expectations is sure to further enhance Greece’s appeal as more and more tourists begin to recognise the country’s continuation as a top charter destination.
Such positive press will surely result in more last-minute charters being booked in Greece for the remainder of the summer season and hopefully its popularity will continue into 2017.
Indeed, thanks to an exceptional climate, stunning coastline and an unparalleled diversity of islands and islands, Greece truly has much to offer yacht-goers.
Among the country’s hotspots are the glittering islands of Santorini and Mykonos, famed for their combination of natural beauty, picturesque Cycladic architecture, exotic beaches, village life and cosmopolitan vibes.
Peloponnesus will transport you back to ancient times with its plethora of archaeological and historical sites while more island-hopping opportunities can be enjoyed throughout the captivating Ionian Islands and idyllic Saronic Islands.
Thanks to an exceptional climate, stunning coastline and an unparalleled diversity of islands and islands, Greece truly has much to offer yacht-goers
What’s more, the country possesses safe waters, an excellent yachting infrastructure and a formidable selection of yacht-chartering alternatives for bespoke vacation experiences.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...