Charter volumes in Greece for the 2016 summer season have been performing better than anticipated following concerns that the refugee crisis would have a negative impact on the nation’s tourist industry.
Greece’s prevalence as a top yachting destination is fantastic news for the country’s tourism as well as the nation as a whole.
The Greek Yachting Association has attributed this success to three main reasons, with the first being that the flow of refugees into the country has now come to a complete halt.
Secondly, yachting enthusiasts and yachting professionals have clearly understood that the refugee issue has affected only a handful of Greece’s several thousand islands, despite misleading impressions created by the international media.
The fact that charter numbers are surpassing expectations is sure to further enhance Greece’s appeal as more and more tourists begin to recognise the country’s continuation as a top charter destination.
Such positive press will surely result in more last-minute charters being booked in Greece for the remainder of the summer season and hopefully its popularity will continue into 2017.
Indeed, thanks to an exceptional climate, stunning coastline and an unparalleled diversity of islands and islands, Greece truly has much to offer yacht-goers.
Among the country’s hotspots are the glittering islands of Santorini and Mykonos, famed for their combination of natural beauty, picturesque Cycladic architecture, exotic beaches, village life and cosmopolitan vibes.
Peloponnesus will transport you back to ancient times with its plethora of archaeological and historical sites while more island-hopping opportunities can be enjoyed throughout the captivating Ionian Islands and idyllic Saronic Islands.
Thanks to an exceptional climate, stunning coastline and an unparalleled diversity of islands and islands, Greece truly has much to offer yacht-goers
What’s more, the country possesses safe waters, an excellent yachting infrastructure and a formidable selection of yacht-chartering alternatives for bespoke vacation experiences.
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- BEST PHOTOS: Monaco Yacht Show 2018YachtCharterFleet has handpicked the best photos from more than 6,000 Instagram posts to help you get straight to the h...
- First look inside brand new 85m M/Y O’PTASIABrand new and available to charter in Greece, the 85m/279ft motor yacht O’PTASIA has released some fresh images of the ...
- Feadship M/Y JOY now available for Caribbean yacht charterMaking her Caribbean debut, the magnificent 70m/230ft motor yacht JOY is now open to enquiries for luxury yacht charter...