Columbus Yachts (a part of Palumbo Group) put on a spectacular launch party as their flagship megayacht DRAGON hit the Adriatic waters of Ancona, in north east Italy yesterday.
She is the largest yacht to be built by the young Italian yard, who only started branching out into megayachts in 2011.
DRAGON will undergo sea trials in the coming months, after which she is expected to be delivered to her owner. She will then make her international debut at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show.
The motor yacht boasts 2,150 GT spread over five decks, with clean and classic exterior design and naval architecture from Hydro Tech. Meanwhile, her interiors have been headed up by Francesco Guida Design, who have employed light and dark oak panels, parquet floor made of American walnut, creamy Traventine marble and agate backlit surfaces.
DRAGON will house an impressive selection of amenities, including a sleek, seven-metre swimming pool on the sundeck with a waterfall and counter-currents to provide an authentic ocean-style swimming experience. Furthermore, she plays host to a thoughtfully-designed side-loading tender garage located amidships, which will not disturb the function of the beach club.
The motor yacht boasts 2,100 GT spread over six decks, with clean and classic exterior design and naval architecture from Hydro Tech.
The beach club itself will span an impressive 200 metres, and will boast a myriad of spa and wellness facilities. Accommodation is provided for up to 12 guests across six cabins, including a full-beam VIP with a private lounging area. The master suite encompasses an entire deck, and features panoramic views and a helipad.
The megayacht will reach maximum speeds of 16.5 knots, with a comfortable cruising speed of 12 knots and a range of 6,000 nautical miles.
Her launch marks an exciting milestone for Columbus and Palumbo, and DRAGON’S technical platform is expected to be adapted for further superyachts built by the yard.
The superyacht’s launch ceremony was quite the event, with a blessing from a priest, before a violinist performed a rendition of ‘We Are The Champions’. A shower of bubbles, confetti and streamers heralded DRAGON’s first taste of the ocean.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Brand new 52m 'Lady Lena' available for 2020 Mediterranean yacht chartersDue to be delivered next year, the 52m/170ft motor yacht 'Lady Lena' is now open for yacht charter bookings for summer ...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.