Columbus Yachts (a part of Palumbo Group) put on a spectacular launch party as their flagship megayacht DRAGON hit the Adriatic waters of Ancona, in north east Italy yesterday.
She is the largest yacht to be built by the young Italian yard, who only started branching out into megayachts in 2011.
DRAGON will undergo sea trials in the coming months, after which she is expected to be delivered to her owner. She will then make her international debut at the 2019 Monaco Yacht Show.
The motor yacht boasts 2,150 GT spread over five decks, with clean and classic exterior design and naval architecture from Hydro Tech. Meanwhile, her interiors have been headed up by Francesco Guida Design, who have employed light and dark oak panels, parquet floor made of American walnut, creamy Traventine marble and agate backlit surfaces.
DRAGON will house an impressive selection of amenities, including a sleek, seven-metre swimming pool on the sundeck with a waterfall and counter-currents to provide an authentic ocean-style swimming experience. Furthermore, she plays host to a thoughtfully-designed side-loading tender garage located amidships, which will not disturb the function of the beach club.
The motor yacht boasts 2,100 GT spread over six decks, with clean and classic exterior design and naval architecture from Hydro Tech.
The beach club itself will span an impressive 200 metres, and will boast a myriad of spa and wellness facilities. Accommodation is provided for up to 12 guests across six cabins, including a full-beam VIP with a private lounging area. The master suite encompasses an entire deck, and features panoramic views and a helipad.
The megayacht will reach maximum speeds of 16.5 knots, with a comfortable cruising speed of 12 knots and a range of 6,000 nautical miles.
Her launch marks an exciting milestone for Columbus and Palumbo, and DRAGON’S technical platform is expected to be adapted for further superyachts built by the yard.
The superyacht’s launch ceremony was quite the event, with a blessing from a priest, before a violinist performed a rendition of ‘We Are The Champions’. A shower of bubbles, confetti and streamers heralded DRAGON’s first taste of the ocean.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed