Launched by the Dutch yard in 2000, ELEONORA is a modern re-creation of Nat Herreshoff’s legendary 1910 schooner WESTWARD and, combining an elegant combination of beauty and power, she is a successful competitor on the regatta circuit.
Now charterers can experience her majesty and grandeur for themselves as part of a regatta charter at one of the Caribbean’s popular yachting events, whether as a spectator or competitor.
Start the season in style at the RORC Caribbean 600, taking place on 20th February 2017 in Antigua, or opt for the Antigua Classic Yacht Regatta, running from 19th to 25th April in what will be the event’s 30th anniversary year.
She also has availability for the 4-day St Barths Bucket Regatta, getting underway on the nearby island of St Barts on 17th March and, in June, she is open to take in the world-class racing spectacle of the highly-anticipated America’s Cup.
Before the pros take to the waters of Bermuda in AC45F class catamarans, however, sailing yachts such as ELEONORA have the chance to experience the thrill of racing in the America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta.
Adhering as much as possible to Herreshoff’s drawings, luxury yacht ELEONORA replicates WESTWARD’s original joinery and detailing, with classic mahogany panelling and fluted Corinthian columns, silver plated drawer pulls and bronze hinges.
However, she does feature a new interior layout more suited to the modern day sailor on a regatta yacht charter. The main salon is formed of a dining area to port and a lounge to starboard, and is well-lit with natural light thanks to port holes and a large skylight.
Also benefiting from a skylight is the master suite which, located aft, boasts a settee, desk and marble en suite. The other accommodation aboard the classic yacht is formed of two double cabins and one twin cabin.
Meanwhile, on deck, the only modern touches are her powered drum winches and her electric anchor windlass. Other than this she is an image of her period and is able to match the speed of 15 knots for which WESTWARD was celebrated.
Now charterers can experience her majesty and grandeur for themselves as part of a regatta charter
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...
- Sail and ski in Norway aboard S/Y FIREBIRD The 27m/89ft sailing yacht FIREBIRD from UK-based Oyster Yachts is offering a unique sailing and skiing charter experie...