As the sun set over Florida yesterday, four yacht chefs began slicing and dicing in a head-to-head, Iron-Chef style competition to be crowned with the Wine Enthusiast Award for Best Yacht Chef.
Located at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina, the contest followed an elegant beach-barbecue theme, and attracted show-attendees eager to sample mouthwatering food and flavour-packed cocktails while watching the action unfold.
At the end of the evening, a panel of experienced judges decreed the Best Yacht Chef was Eric Davis, and honoured the assistance of Amelia Rachlin, both of superyacht KIPANY. Davis brings over 25 years of experience to his dishes, and has won numerous awards for his cooking around the world.
TV host and cookbook author Ingrid Hoffman hosted this year’s Yacht Chef Awards, with dining critics and food journalists including Nils Bernstein and Mike Mayo in the judging panel.
This is the first event of its kind to be hosted at FLIBS, but the buzzing atmosphere and divine dishes will no doubt ensure the contest will be on the show’s line-up again next year.
Among the competitors were Joel Collado of the 59m/193ft luxury yacht MINDERELLA and Chris Parthemore of the 40m/130ft motor yacht ‘Angel Wings’. Two superb superyachts in the FLIBS line-up, their chefs have a wealth of experience creating tantalising culinary infusions.
The yacht chef of the 98m/323ft megayacht AVIVA, Freddy Money, was also competing in the contest. A seasoned pro, Money had spent several years working in Paris and Madrid before stepping on board the award-winning AVIVA, which is one of the largest yachts currently berthed in Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale.
For the past two days, the superyacht has been wowing show-goers with her sheer size coupled with an eye-catching sky-blue hull.
To find out more about chartering any of the superyachts at FLIBS 2018, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show 2018.
- First look inside brand new M/Y SOLOPhotos of the 72m/236ft charter yacht SOLO have just been released, giving an exclusive insight into the deck spaces an...
- 10 of the best superyachts available for holiday chartersThe 2018 holiday season is fast approaching and if you’re looking to escape to warmer climes this winter, here is a rou...
- Feadship’s 92m M/Y AQUARIUS joins the global charter fleetAfter attending last week’s Monaco Yacht Show, the 92m/301ft motor yacht AQUARIUS is now available for charter.
- 8 top superyachts open for Thanksgiving chartersIf you’re looking to spend Thanksgiving with your loved ones enjoying a yacht charter vacation, then you’re in luck; th...
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- Amels M/Y LILI undertakes two-year global expeditionThe 55m/180ft superyacht LILI is giving charterers the opportunity to discover some of the most incredible cruising gro...