As the sun set over Florida yesterday, four yacht chefs began slicing and dicing in a head-to-head, Iron-Chef style competition to be crowned with the Wine Enthusiast Award for Best Yacht Chef.
Located at Pier Sixty-Six Hotel and Marina, the contest followed an elegant beach-barbecue theme, and attracted show-attendees eager to sample mouthwatering food and flavour-packed cocktails while watching the action unfold.
At the end of the evening, a panel of experienced judges decreed the Best Yacht Chef was Eric Davis, and honoured the assistance of Amelia Rachlin, both of superyacht KIPANY. Davis brings over 25 years of experience to his dishes, and has won numerous awards for his cooking around the world.
TV host and cookbook author Ingrid Hoffman hosted this year’s Yacht Chef Awards, with dining critics and food journalists including Nils Bernstein and Mike Mayo in the judging panel.
This is the first event of its kind to be hosted at FLIBS, but the buzzing atmosphere and divine dishes will no doubt ensure the contest will be on the show’s line-up again next year.
Among the competitors were Joel Collado of the 59m/193ft luxury yacht MINDERELLA and Chris Parthemore of the 40m/130ft motor yacht ‘Angel Wings’. Two superb superyachts in the FLIBS line-up, their chefs have a wealth of experience creating tantalising culinary infusions.
The yacht chef of the 98m/323ft megayacht AVIVA, Freddy Money, was also competing in the contest. A seasoned pro, Money had spent several years working in Paris and Madrid before stepping on board the award-winning AVIVA, which is one of the largest yachts currently berthed in Pier Sixty-Six in Fort Lauderdale.
For the past two days, the superyacht has been wowing show-goers with her sheer size coupled with an eye-catching sky-blue hull.
To find out more about chartering any of the superyachts at FLIBS 2018, please get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, view all superyachts at the Fort Lauderdale Boat Show 2018.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.