Stealing the show at the Showboats Design Awards this weekend, a number of charter yachts took home prizes in some of the most highly coveted categories.
Bringing out a collection of industry players and the biggest names in superyacht design, the Showboats Design Awards 2017 generated plenty of excitement in Austria yesterday. Honouring the pioneering work carried out on motor yachts and sailing yachts, the ceremony issued prizes for everything from best exterior styling to best naval architecture, and everything in between.
Making this year particularly intriguing, a selection of newly delivered charter yachts were awarded first place in some seriously impressive fields.
In this article, we take a look at these award-winning superyachts which are currently available for charter guests to experience for themselves.
JOY- ‘Best Exterior Design & Styling- Motor Yacht Above 48m’
The first exterior that Bannenberg & Rowell have styled since the passing of their legendary found Jon Bannenberg in 2002, the superyacht marks the beginning of a new era for the iconic British studio.
Contrasting angular surface shapes with more sculptured sections, the exterior playfully hints at the modern character of the interior whilst creating a profile which is certain to create an enduring appeal.
To find out even more about the innovative design of superyacht JOY, be sure to take a look at our in-depth review here.
CLOUDBREAK- ‘Best Interior Layout & Design- Motor Yacht Above 500GT’
No doubt one of the the most exciting expedition yachts to hit the water back in 2016, the 73m/238ft expedition yacht CLOUDBREAK won first place for her equally exciting interior designed by the inestimable Christian Liaigre.
Inspired by the kind of warmth generated by traditional ski chalets, both the communal and guest spaces on board the Abeking & Rasmussen superyacht are intended to provide an inviting retreat for charter guests coming back from adventurous excursions.
As well as the choice of furnishings and colours used throughout her interior, the judges commended CLOUDBREAK for the convenient corridor which runs from the dedicated gymnasium to the guest accommodation.
To learn how this design is perfectly complemented by some seriously outstanding engineering capabilities, take a look at our spotlight review here.
AQUIJO- ‘Best Naval Architecture- Sailing Yacht’
A truly groundbreaking sailing yacht, the 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO took home the award for best naval architecture after impressing the judges with her performance-enhanced superstructure.
Particularly, she was complimented for the way her sail area allows her to reach speeds beyond 20-knots whilst maintaining an impressive on board comfort.
As well as winning the award for best naval architecture, AQUIJO was also nominated in categories for her interior design and exterior styling, proving once and for all just how exceptional she is.
Open in the Caribbean this winter ahead of her relocation to the Mediterranean for summer, she truly is a sailing yacht to be experienced during a private charter vacation.
- Watch Sydney's New Year's Fireworks on M/Y SAHANAThe 37m/120ft motor yacht SAHANA, one of Australia's finest charter yachts, is available for a New Year’s charter in th...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y NARVALO Offers Special Thanksgiving DealCharter the 33m/110ft superyacht NARVALO from Cantiere Delle Marche in the Bahamas this Thanksgiving and get eight days...
- An Update On Caribbean Charter GroundsHurricanes Irma and Maria have left a trail of destruction across the Caribbean and Florida, prompting concerns about t...
- M/Y KATHARINE Enjoys Stunning RefitFinely refined, the classically styled 61m/201ft motor yacht KATHARINE is available for charter in the Mediterranean fo...
- M/Y SHERAKHAN Undergoing Exciting RefitSet to take on a completely new look, the 70m/229ft motor yacht SHERAKHAN is currently halfway through an extensive ref...