Momentum is building for the 2017 America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta with 19 outstanding sailing yachts already signed up to compete, including seven spectacular charter yachts.
The America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta will be one of the greatest highlights of the 35th America’s Cup, taking place in Bermuda this summer. Getting underway on 13th June, the regatta will see some of the world’s most beautiful yachts compete over three days before the main racing event begins.
Among the yachts already registered is the 55m/180ft sailing yacht ADELA from UK-based shipyard Pendennis. She will be returning to reclaim the title following her win at the 2013 America’s Cup Superyacht Regatta.
Charter yachts taking ADELA on include the 60m/197ft sailing yacht PERSEUS^3. The first Perini Navi offering with a carbon fibre bowsprit, her innovative technology includes electric variable speed motors and furlers, and she is sure be one to watch out for.
The award-winning 52m/169ft charter yacht METEOR is also lined up to compete. Launched in 2007 by Royal Huisman, she combines the classic lines of a Gloucester schooner with 21st century sail and rig technology, making her a fierce racing competitor.
Taking on her fellow Royal Huisman-build will be the 47m/156ft sailing yacht HYPERION. Recipient of a prestigious Showboats award, she was the largest sloop ever built at the time of her launch in 1998, and has racked up wins at the NZ Millennium Cup, St Barth’s Bucket and the Superyacht Cup in Palma.
Another regular on the regatta circuit making her way to Bermuda is the 37m/121ft charter yacht GENEVIEVE from Alloy Yachts. An ocean-cruising cutter from the renowned design board of Dubois, she is a stunning presence on the water and a favourite on the charter scene.
Another strong contender will be the 35m/112ft charter yacht SOJANA from British shipyard Green Marine. A Farr-designed Ketch, she has extensive racing and long range sailing experience, and will be unmissable on the Bermudian waters with her regal dark blue finish.
The 30m/98ft charter yacht ‘Leopard 3’ from Australia’s McConaghy Boats is sure to make her presence felt at the superyacht regatta. Capable of reaching speeds of up to 40 knots thanks to her cutting-edge design technology, she is a potent racing machine.
Built by South African shipyard Southern Wind, the 29m/94ft charter yacht WINDFALL has also signed up for the racing event. Offering pace, agility and aggression under sail, she boats a Southern Spars high modulus carbon mast and boom, carbon rigging and a customised racing bulb.
Capable of reaching speeds of up to 40 knots thanks to her cutting-edge design technology, Leopard 3 is a potent racing machine
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.