Hosted by leading interior design magazine design et al and top yacht and aviation design magazine Luxe et al, the annual awards recognise the best in design from across the globe.
Unlike other awards, the International Yacht & Aviation Awards are not judged by a panel. Rather, shortlisted entries are presented online, and voting is open to industry professionals as well as Luxe et al readers, clients and customers. Here are the charter yachts that impressed.
Overmarine yacht Da Vinci came out on top in the ‘2018 Power Yacht Over 40 Metres’ category. Designed as a refuge from a very fast-paced life, she is glamorous, inviting and playful, and as part of the yard’s 165 range, she is able to reach an impressive top speed of around 35 knots.
Her unmistakable dynamic profile is characterised by racy, sporty lines while aesthetic grating on the aft section of her stern brings to mind the world of car design. The living areas, meanwhile, are committed to luxury, comfort and providing an ongoing dialogue between indoors and out.
Throughout the interior, the in-house designers have brought together refined materials, such as natural woods, exquisite marbles, burnished and polished brass, and stingray leather. Exterior highlights include an amenity-packed sundeck, a club lounge on the bow with a Jacuzzi and an expansive stern cockpit.
Tallying up the most votes in the ‘2018 Deck Design’ category was the 44m/145ft charter yacht ‘Muchos Mas’ from Crescent Yachts. Built especially for the Caribbean and Mediterranean yacht charter markets, she features a welcoming interior and generous exterior spaces designed for a variety of uses.
The ideal place for casual relaxation, the sun deck boasts a large jetted spa pool with a waterfall feature, a serviced bar, sun loungers, optional awnings and a barbecue. Closer to the water, meanwhile, the large transform door drops down to form a chich beach club and swim platform for enjoying the water toys.
One of the most unusual spaces on board, however, is the Portuguese deck, equipped with sun loungers, a plush U-shaped seating area and a LED-clad ‘moon pool’ which filters light down to the master shower below. There is also an alfresco dining setup on the upper deck aft.
Spirit of the C’s
In the ‘2018 Interior Design – Sailing Yacht’ category, the 64m/210ft charter yacht ‘Spirit of the C’s’ from Perini Navi took home the win following her extensive refit at the Compositeworks shipyard and return to the yacht charter fleet last year.
The yard’s favourite aspect of the transformation is said to be the main salon, which now exudes a relaxed atmosphere of understated elegance. Changes include a new neutral colour palette, while structural modifications and new glazing ensure the space is flooded with natural light.
Key features include teak and holly floors, new leather frames in the walls and cabinets, and crisp white upholstery. Plus, the staircase has been made more aerial and contemporary, the lower deck has been updated and precious work of arts have been added throughout to refine the rich mood.
For further information on any of the above yachts, speak to your preferred charter broker.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...