The most in-demand movie stars, directors and other industry bigwigs, as well as a wealth of models, musicians and celebrities, have descended on the French Riviera over the past fortnight for a combination of movie premieres, red carpet action and glitzy parties.
Who has been wearing what, a mass movie walkout and protests against gender discrimination have all hit the headlines this year, but also impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event.
Impossible not to spot is the spectacular fleet of superyachts gathered in and around Cannes especially for the event
For nearly two weeks now, luxury yachts have been lined up in the Old Port, the harbour closest to the Palais des Festivals, where all the most important film screenings take place.
This is where charterers who want to be among the hustle and bustle of the festival should berth. It offers a prime spot, especially along the Albert Edouard dock, for hosting meetings and presentations as part of a corporate yacht charter.
The Old Port is divided from a second marina, Port Pierre Canto, by a curving strip of golden sand backed by the iconic La Croisette boardwalk. At this year’s festival, the 86m/282ft charter yacht CHAKRA and the 72m/236ft Austal charter yacht SERENITY were spotted in this quieter marina.
SERENITY also had an important part to play on the eve of the amfAR Cannes Gala. Hosting a pre-party for the glitzy fundraising event, she reportedly welcomed aboard big names such as Nicole Scherzinger, Winnie Harlow, Toni Garn, Pierce Brosnan and Woody Harrelson for a night of entertainment.
In the Instagram gallery above, models such as Lara Leito, Kamila Hansen and Alina Mayrina can be seen on board enjoying their evening. Sleek and streamlined, the motor yacht never fails to turn heads and, with expansive deck areas and a luxurious interior, she is perfect for event charters.
Revelling in the utmost privacy, however, were a variety of yachts at anchor off the coast of Cannes, accessible only by tender. Those after combining the utmost seclusion with attending hand-picked events during a charter vacation at the festival should follow suit.
The Cannes Film Festival also marks the beginning of the Mediterranean yacht charter season. Luxury charter yachts currently gathered in Cannes will be sure to stick around in the region until late September, undertaking a variety of private yacht charters.
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- The 5 Largest Charter Yachts Launched In 2017Rounding-up some of the hottest deliveries of the year, we countdown the 5 largest charter yachts which were launched i...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...
- Inside Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 M/Y ‘Talisman Maiton’Premiering on Bravo TV on 15th May, Below Deck Mediterranean Season 3 will see Captain Sandy Yawn and a cast of familia...