The 73m/236ft motor yacht SOLO, from Tankoa Yachts, won in the brand new ‘Game Changer’ category at the Design and Innovation Awards 2019.
Launched by Tankoa to much acclaim last year, SOLO was recognised for her groundbreaking features at the Design and Innovation awards ceremony held in Italy over the weekend.
The superyacht was bestowed with the ‘Game Changer’ award, which is a brand new accolade presented to the superyacht which has pioneered new grounds in ecological design, technology and materials.
Designed by Francesco Paszkowski with naval architecture by Studio Ruggiero, SOLO was honoured for her pioneering methods to increase fuel efficiency, while still maintaining incredibly high levels of performance
Created as Tankoa’s most eco-friendly superyacht, Solo burns just 195 litres of fuel per hour at a speed of 10 knots with the assistance of a generator, giving her a range of 7,000 nautical miles. Thanks to an on-board CO2 monitoring system, the captain is able to achieve optimum speeds while keeping emissions to a minimum.
Increasing the on-board comfort for those undertaking a yacht charter vacation, the motor yacht is silent and devoid of vibrations. Furthermore, she equipped with specialised soot burners to ensures charter guests can enjoy the exterior aft decks and beach club in a clean, smoke-free environment.
SOLO was recognised for her groundbreaking features at the Design and Innovation Awards 2019.
Perfectly primed for yacht charter vacations, the motor yacht boasts ample outdoor deck spaces and a wealth of facilities to ensure guests are suitably relaxed and entertained.
During the day, the aft deck infinity pool can be appreciated to the fullest, while the touch-n-go Helipad can be transformed into a dancefloor for partying below the stars.
Plenty of glass has been used to increase the feeling of being at one with the ocean; from glass bulwarks offering unrivalled vistas to glass portions on the ceiling in the master suite.
Other stand-out features includes a large beach club with a glass-walled gym, a sauna and a hammam, a hair salon and massage room.
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.
- Monaco Yacht Show 2019 announces superyacht line-upRunning between 25 - 28 September, Monaco’s Port Hercules marina will be alive with activity as a stellar fleet of yach...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ in the British Virgin Islands Amels’ 83m/272ft superyacht ‘Here Comes the Sun’ was spotted enjoying some tropical sun in the British Virgin Islands e...
- Megayacht TRANQUILITY joins the yacht charter fleetFormerly known as superyacht EQUANIMITY, the 92m/300ft motor yacht TRANQUILITY has become available for private yacht c...
- VIDEO: Superyacht ‘Lady S’ enjoys the waters of PortofinoIn a brand new video, drone footage gives us a closer look at one of the most exciting recent additions to the charter ...