Filming for the new movie began aboard SARASTAR at the end of July in the harbour of Santa Margherita Ligure in Genoa, Italy, as well as in other idyllic locations along the Italian Riviera such as Portofino.
In the film, Sandler plays an NYC cop who takes his wife (Aniston) on a long-promised trip to Europe. A chance meeting on the flight with a mysterious man (Luke Evans) gets them invited to an intimate family gathering on the superyacht of elderly billionaire Malcolm Quince.
This is where the Mondo Marine build, which was launched just last year, makes an appearance. Quince is murdered on board the yacht and the married couple become prime suspects in the modern day whodunit.
The movie marks the reunion of Sadler and Aniston, who starred together in 2011’s romantic comedy Just Go With It. It will be the Friends star’s Netflix debut, while the American actor has been involved in a number of projects for the streaming service.
In fact, Sandler has spent the past few years making Netflix his exclusive feature film home, thanks to a deal which was upped last year to include four more films.
This year, Netflix original The Week Of, in which Sandler teams up with Chris Rock, has been released and, in 2017, Sandy Wexler and highly-acclaimed The Meyerowitz Stories, both starring the actor, hit the service.
In addition to Sandler and Aniston, Murder Mystery also features a star-studded ensemble cast, including Gemma Arterton, Luis Gerardo Mendez, Shioli Kutsuna, David Walliams, Adeel Akhtar, John Kani, Olafur Darri Olafsson, Danny Boon and Terence Stamp.
Walliams has shared some images of his fellow cast members on social media. One photo reveals the two leads filming on the foredeck helipad of luxury yacht SARASTAR, while the actress poses in one shot with her hair and makeup team and another sees Sadler trying to keep cool under an umbrella.
Other photos see the British actor taking some time away from the set to soak up the picturesque Italian scenery and restaurant offerings with Arterton and Olafsson.
Other images taken by Walliams reveal the sleek lines of the charter yacht up close as well as from an elevated viewpoint along the Italian Riviera. Also visible is why the coastline stands out for its tranquil blue waters, rocky green cliffs, bright pink pops of flowers and pastel-hued houses.
Welsh actor Luke Evans also posted some photos on Instagram of himself cruising through Portofino and standing on the helipad. He shared a film clip too, which shows the crew in action aboard the motor yacht.
Other deck spaces on board SARASTAR include a large open-plan sundeck with a green marble-topped bar, dining facilities and no end of lounging areas, and an inviting beach club with a drop-down swim platform where guests can relax even closer to the ocean on their yacht charter.
She also impresses with her interior, which thanks to Luca Dini Design, exudes high-sheen glamour. The generous living spaces and extravagant accommodation for 12 guests are defined by an eclectic mix of white onyx, exotic marble, semi-precious stones, silk textiles and exotic bursts of colour for a one-of-a-kind look.
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- 93m Feadship M/Y ‘Lady S’ joins the charter fleet It was announced this morning that Feadship’s latest masterpiece, the 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’, will be available ...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- 82m superyacht ROMEA available for South of France event chartersThe 82m/268ft motor yacht ROMEA has announced she is still available for Monaco Grand Prix yacht charters and Cannes Fi...