Filming for the new movie began aboard SARASTAR at the end of July in the harbour of Santa Margherita Ligure in Genoa, Italy, as well as in other idyllic locations along the Italian Riviera such as Portofino.
In the film, Sandler plays an NYC cop who takes his wife (Aniston) on a long-promised trip to Europe. A chance meeting on the flight with a mysterious man (Luke Evans) gets them invited to an intimate family gathering on the superyacht of elderly billionaire Malcolm Quince.
This is where the Mondo Marine build, which was launched just last year, makes an appearance. Quince is murdered on board the yacht and the married couple become prime suspects in the modern day whodunit.
The movie marks the reunion of Sadler and Aniston, who starred together in 2011’s romantic comedy Just Go With It. It will be the Friends star’s Netflix debut, while the American actor has been involved in a number of projects for the streaming service.
In fact, Sandler has spent the past few years making Netflix his exclusive feature film home, thanks to a deal which was upped last year to include four more films.
This year, Netflix original The Week Of, in which Sandler teams up with Chris Rock, has been released and, in 2017, Sandy Wexler and highly-acclaimed The Meyerowitz Stories, both starring the actor, hit the service.
In addition to Sandler and Aniston, Murder Mystery also features a star-studded ensemble cast, including Gemma Arterton, Luis Gerardo Mendez, Shioli Kutsuna, David Walliams, Adeel Akhtar, John Kani, Olafur Darri Olafsson, Danny Boon and Terence Stamp.
Walliams has shared some images of his fellow cast members on social media. One photo reveals the two leads filming on the foredeck helipad of luxury yacht SARASTAR, while the actress poses in one shot with her hair and makeup team and another sees Sadler trying to keep cool under an umbrella.
Other photos see the British actor taking some time away from the set to soak up the picturesque Italian scenery and restaurant offerings with Arterton and Olafsson.
Other images taken by Walliams reveal the sleek lines of the charter yacht up close as well as from an elevated viewpoint along the Italian Riviera. Also visible is why the coastline stands out for its tranquil blue waters, rocky green cliffs, bright pink pops of flowers and pastel-hued houses.
Welsh actor Luke Evans also posted some photos on Instagram of himself cruising through Portofino and standing on the helipad. He shared a film clip too, which shows the crew in action aboard the motor yacht.
Other deck spaces on board SARASTAR include a large open-plan sundeck with a green marble-topped bar, dining facilities and no end of lounging areas, and an inviting beach club with a drop-down swim platform where guests can relax even closer to the ocean on their yacht charter.
She also impresses with her interior, which thanks to Luca Dini Design, exudes high-sheen glamour. The generous living spaces and extravagant accommodation for 12 guests are defined by an eclectic mix of white onyx, exotic marble, semi-precious stones, silk textiles and exotic bursts of colour for a one-of-a-kind look.
- Ex-charterer now owns new 111m Lurssen superycht TISThe owner of the brand new 111m/366ft superyacht TIS, which was launched from Lurssen earlier this week, has been confi...
- 82m M/Y KIBO joins the global charter marketIt has been revealed that the award-winning 82m/266ft motor yacht KIBO is now available for charter in popular Mediterr...
- Brand new ‘go-anywhere' M/Y ‘Planet Nine’ to open for charterAn incredibly powerful world explorer in a class of its own, the brand new 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Planet Nine’ from Adm...
- 6 brand new charter yachts entering the market in 2018Want to be amongst the first to experience the features of a brand new superyacht in 2018? We’ve got you covered in our...
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2018Be amongst the first to experience the future by chartering one of the best new superyachts in 2018.
- Blue Planet TV series superyacht ALUCIA now available to charterCausing a sensation when she appeared on the second season of the hit BBC series Blue Planet in winter, the 56m/183ft e...