Charter Yacht ROCKSTAR to Undergo Repairs after Drawbridge Damage
The 49m/161ft luxury charter yacht ROCKSTAR hit the headlines last week after she was struck by a falling drawbridge in Florida, meaning she will now be out of action until repairs are completed.
The incident happened on Tuesday 3rd December while ROCKSTAR was being towed from Fort Lauderdale to Miami. According to media reports the east part of the broad causeway drawbridge connecting North Miami with Harbor Islands and Bal Harbor collapsed causing considerable damage to her top deck. She was lodged in by the drawbridge for around 20 minutes however all of the 15 people of board at the time escaped unharmed.
Jorge Pino, spokesman for the Florida Fish Wildlife Conservation Commission commented: “The engineers are working under the assumption that the hydraulic system on the bridge failed, and the west side of the bridge started to come down as the yacht was coming through. The yacht did nothing wrong. It was not under power. It was under the control of two tugboats, and they were in the right. They were making right decisions. All indications are that they did nothing wrong and the bridge mechanically faltered.”
ROCKSTAR was launched in 2009 under her previous name of ‘Blind Date’ before being sold to her current Owner, American businessman and creator of the ‘Rockstar’ energy drink. With her extensive range of amenities and water toys as well as a beautiful Patrick Knowles designed interior, she is a popular choice for Florida yacht charter vacations. We will bring you the latest on the progress of her repairs as soon as it is announced but in the meantime take a look at the fantastic selection of charter yachts available in Florida.
SUPERYACHTS AVAILABLE FOR CHARTER IN FLORIDA.
Dream Yacht For Charter
60m Abeking & Rasmussen, 2001 / 2014
Skyfall Yacht For Charter
58m Trinity Yachts, 2010
Mustang Sally Yacht For Charter
49m Trinity Yachts, 2008 / 2015
Cocktails Yacht For Charter
48m Trinity Yachts, 2004 / 2012
Usher Yacht For Charter
47m Delta Marine, 2007
Excellence Yacht For Charter
46m Richmond Yachts, 2010
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...