The 67m/220ft luxury expedition yacht GLOBAL now includes the Yacht Carbon Offset service in a bid to reduce her impact on the environment while chartering in the world’s most beautiful destinations.
With superyacht design, technology, performance and standards of luxury continually being redefined, there is an ever increasing awareness on the impact of superyacht vacations on our environment. Yacht Carbon Offset Limited was founded in 2007 to create and develop a carbon offset service focused specifically on the needs of superyacht Owner’s and charterers. The company has since achieved Lloyds Register Quality Assurance Certification and was in 2011 awarded the International Superyacht Society Fabien Cousteau Blue Award.
Built in 2007 by Shadow Marine, superyacht GLOBAL is the latest in a line of luxury charter yachts to become a part of the Carbon Offset programme. Other vessels include the 65.5m/215ft Amels motor yacht IMAGINE, the 63m/205ft ‘Baton Rouge’ by Icon Yachts, the award winning 57m/188ft sailing yacht TWIZZLE and the 52m/171ft Benetti built superyacht LATITUDE. Varying in size and type, each of these charter yachts have responded to the growing concern with ‘green’ sea travel and as such are equipped for luxurious world exploration with a conscience.
GLOBAL’s Captain Kostas Andreou commented: “We are pleased to take a further step to improve our operations through Yacht Carbon Offset’s focused service. This sport-utility yacht offers a platform to explore the world’s most pristine destinations, so it is natural that the highest environmental standards must be met. Greenhouse gas emissions are a major concern today, so it is good to be able to take effective action in such a practical way.”
GLOBAL is available for charter at weekly rates starting from $150,000 plus expenses. Contact your preferred charter broker for more details about booking and availability.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.