Earlier this month it was announced that the highly-regarded 85m/280ft luxury charter yacht CAKEWALK had been sold and today it was revealed that she will now be known as AQUILA.
Since her launch from Derecktor Shipyards in 2010, award-winning superyacht AQUILA has built a reputation as one of the markets most popular and luxurious charter yachts. Featuring design from the renowned Tim Heywood, she is one of the world’s largest yachts and as such offers a vast selection of onboard facilities for charter guests to cruise the world in style.
These fantastic amenities are set over six spectacular decks all connected via a magnificent central staircase and all-access elevator to include a yoga studio, library, two gyms, media room and various relaxation areas. AQUILA also offers generous accommodation for up to 12 guests in a master suite, four VIP’s and two twin cabins, all of which are situated on the main deck and benefit from large windows.
She was displayed this year at the 2014 Monaco Yacht Show which proved to be a great success with a record number of yachts exhibited and an exceptional volume of exhibitors. The yacht market in general has gone from strength to strength this year and the sale of CAKEWALK is one of many successful transactions that have taken place over the past couple of months.
It is not yet known whether AQUILA will remain on the charter market but there is a great selection of the world’s largest superyachts that are.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.