Proving consistency to be her trump card, Frers-designed BOLERO secured race and class wins on both Thursday and Friday before keeping her cool on Saturday’s final despite facing stiff competition from fellow participants.
Her fiercest rivals for the overall win were the sailing yacht SAUDADA from Wally, which showcased her winning prowess at the Loro Piana Superyacht Regatta just a few weeks ago, and former Superyacht Cup Regatta winner, the Baltic sailing yacht WINWIN.
In her class, BOLERO had to work hard to fight off the 39m/127ft charter yacht ATALANTE and the 27m/89ft charter yacht ‘Atalante I’. Both built by Claasen Shipyards, the pair sailed at full throttle in order to close down the overall win on the final day of racing.
On learning team BOLERO had bagged overall victory at the final night’s prize-giving ceremony, her beaming captain said: “Winning the regatta this year was the cherry on the cake.”
Conditions in the Bay of Palma were perfect for sailing, with a reasonably good building breeze, which meant spectators were treated to three days of unrivalled racing in one of the finest cities in the Balearics.
There was also an action-packed social programme, keeping all in attendance entertained. Yacht owners and race crew enjoyed the Pendennis Paddleboard Challenge, as well as the lively happy hours which continued long after the day’s winners had been announced.
Other highlights included the annual SYC Dock Party and the Owners’ Mid-Summer BBQ at the St Regis Marfavall Mallorca.
Conditions in the Bay of Palma were perfect for sailing which meant spectators were treated to three days of unrivalled racing
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.