Luxury motor yacht BLADE now features one of the industry’s most innovative state-of-the-art superyacht tenders, a unique 8.5m amphibious tender.
The sleek 44m/144.36ft BLADE was built in 2009 by MMGI Shipyard and last refitted in 2011 to offer the ultimate in modern luxury yacht charter. She offers luxurious accommodation for up to 10 guests in five modern staterooms and a variety of beautifully designed living areas as well as an array of outdoor facilities including this stylish new addition.
Inspired by the design of a sports car, the tender was built in New Zealand by NZtenders who worked closely with Naval Architect Georgi Yankov from GY Boat Design Allure Marine. By using the latest technologies in 3D modelling and mechanical design, they were able to create a custom boat capable of reaching speeds of 35 knots on water and 6mph on shore.
The amphibious tender enables users to travel conveniently from charter yacht BLADE to land without any special help to get it out of the water, making it perfect for destinations such as a Monaco yacht charter. Studio Director Sergei Dobroserdov comments: ‘The client’s request was simply to design a boat in the spirit of a modern sports car. That’s why our concept was named the GT Tender.’
Built with lightweight carbon composite and epoxy resin structure, the amphibious tender can carry up to six guests including the driver. Other features include side windows, which utilise car components, a mini fridge, basin, marine audio entertainment system, a wheelchair boarding ramp and a swim ladder, ideal for whizzing out to sea for a refreshing swim.
This type of amphibious tender that combines the best of modern water-based technology with the sleek style of a luxury sports car is sure to become an increasingly popular option for the discerning charterer. For more information on booking a charter on the stunning luxury yacht BLADE, contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
The amphibious tender enables users to travel conveniently from charter yacht BLADE to land without any special help to get it out of the water
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.