Following her triumphant win at the World Superyacht Awards earlier this year, the 86m/281ft motor yacht AQUILA won the ‘Best Refit’ award at the ISS Design Awards last night.
Adding a touch of glamour to the proceedings at the Fort Lauderdale International Boat Show 2017(FLIBS2017) this week, the ISS held their annual awards to recognise a variety of outstanding superyachts.
Enlisting the services of RWD (formerly Redman Whitely Dixon) to update her interior spaces, and adding a private exterior deck area measuring 60 square metres, there can be no doubt that she is deserving of another trophy in her cabinet.
Originally delivered from Derecktor Shipyards in 2010, AQUILA was nominated for a number of awards for her Showboats and World Superyacht Awards in 2011, but only won in the category for Best Tender Design in the former.
Following her recent transformation, however, the superyacht has earned two awards for Best Refit, suggesting that she is now in the best condition ever.
Looking more closely at the upgrades on offer to guests it isn’t difficult to see why AQUILA has become such a favorite amongst critics. Indeed, from the reconfigured owner’s suite to cool and contemporary communal spaces, she is the perfect choice for a private yacht charter vacation.
Completely transforming her, the refit of AQUILA has unsurprisingly made the superyacht a multi award-winner
No doubt one of the crowning additions to the superyacht is the state of the art home cinema which has taken the place of the former dining area. Fully soundproofed and free of any vibrations, guests can gather on large sofas to catch a blockbuster without any distractions.
Previously named CAKEWALK, AQUILA exchanged a number of dark woody tones for lighter greys during the course of her refit. Now exuding a gentle calm, the interior also boasts an 11m glass chandelier which flows down through all five of her decks.
A suitably stylish complement to the laid back feel of the interior, this fixture is composed of more than 850 pieces of glass, making it a striking piece of artwork to behold when moving from the main salon to the skylounge.
All 8 of the guest cabins also received careful attention, with the owner’s suite acquiring tailored furnishings, a fact sure to be appreciated by the principal charter guest when returning for the night.
The exterior also has serious appeal, with a large glass encased Jacuzzi no doubt the place to be when taking in the world’s greatest cruising grounds.
As well as all of her cosmetic upgrades, AQUILA has also enjoyed a number of technical upgrades to ensure that the cruising experience is as comfortable as possible.
Ultimately, the superyacht was less refit and more reborn at the British shipyard and promises to amaze all who step on board.
In order to find out more regarding M/Y AQUILA, feel free to get in touch with your preferred charter broker.
Alternatively, take a look at all of the charter yachts which won top awards at the ISS Awards.
- 10 of the best new superyachts to charter in 2019Make it your New Year’s resolution to charter a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the latest yachts to have hit...
- Australia charter special announced on M/Y ‘Infinity Pacific’Enjoy nine days for the price of seven on Whitsundays yacht charters on board the 40m/133ft motor yacht ‘Infinity Pacif...
- New photos: take a fresh look at 73m M/Y NAUTILUS Brand new imagery of the iconic 73m/240ft motor yacht NAUTILUS from Picchiotti has been released, showing off some rece...
- S/Y AQUIJO to charter in Papua New GuineaThe award-winning 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO has announced she will be chartering around the captivating cruising g...
- Viking M/Y MARYBELLE joins Bahamas charter fleet The 25m/83ft luxury fishing yacht MARYBELLE is one of the latest additions to the global charter market and will be ava...
- M/Y HANAA opens for charter in the Mediterranean Part of Dominator’s popular Ilumen series, the 27m/90ft motor yacht HANAA has announced she will be available to charte...