Attracting scores of superyachts and famous faces to the South of France, the 66th edition of Cannes Lions kicks off today.
The 2019 Cannes Lions Festival of Creativity opened its doors today, marking the start of five days of keynote speeches, hands-on workshops and awards ceremonies for the creative communications sector.
The event is invariably popular for corporate yacht charters, and this year’s fleet of charter yachts lined up at Vieux Port and Port Pierre Canto are a fitting testament to that.
A busy social programme promises countless opportunities for networking, and the motor yachts in attendance will provide the perfect backdrop for elegant social functions and dazzling, star-studded yacht parties.
Among the charter yachts on the scene, Feadship’s 93m/305ft superyacht ‘Lady S’ is turning plenty of heads from her slip in Vieux Port. The superyacht was dubbed the ‘World’s Best Equipped Superyacht for Charter’ when she joined the charter yacht shortly after her delivery earlier this year.
Among her stand-out amenities, guests on a luxury yacht charter can enjoy her split-level IMAX theatre, glass-bottomed pool and helipad which doubles as a basketball court. She also plays host to sumptuous spa facilities, with an on-board sauna, state-of-the-art gym and steam room.
Berthed in close proximity is Benetti’s 2015 launch, the 63m/207ft motor yacht 11/11. This experienced charter platform is home to dramatic interiors replete with decadent Italian marble, gleaming crystal chandeliers and artworks sourced from some of the world’s leading artists.
She provides an equally excellent selection of outdoor areas, with an extended diving platform, expansive sundeck and plenty of alfresco areas for dining and unwinding.
Fellow Benetti build, the 64m/208ft luxury yacht ‘Lioness V’ can also be spotted out at anchor opposite La Croisette. The superyacht shares similar at deco interior themes to 11/11, and is crowned by a thoughtfully-appointed sundeck with an innovative indoor-outdoor skylounge and raised jacuzzi pool.
Another recent addition the charter fleet is berthed in Port Pierre Canto. Alia Yacht’s flagship, the 60m/197ft superyacht SAMURAI is easily recognisable thanks to her sharp exterior lines penned by Omega Architects. The yacht’s interiors borrow inspiration from Asian motifs, and she volunteers a stellar beach club complete with side boarding and gym equipment.
- In pictures: Inside Abeking & Rasmussen M/Y EXCELLENCEHer award-winning, spaceship-style exteriors have been the subject of much acclaim, but her interiors have been kept cl...
- Where are the brand new yachts of 2019 chartering this winter?Whether you’re looking to ring in the New Year in St Barts or explore the turquoise oasis of the Indian Ocean by yacht,...
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- Seychelles yacht charter special offered by 60m luxury yacht ‘St David’Escape to the Maldives and the Seychelles and enjoy no delivery fees when you charter the 60m/197ft motor yacht ‘St Dav...
- World's largest superyacht REV arrives in Norway for outfittingThe world's largest yacht, the 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has completed her journey to Norway, where she is set to...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.