Brand New Feadship Superyacht JOY Launched
Launched this past weekend, motor yacht JOY is not expected to be available for charter, but will unquestionably generate a significant degree of interest across the industry.
Not least among its talking points is the fact that the superyacht is the first to be designed by the British team at Bannenberg & Rowell since the passing of their iconic founder, Jon Bannenberg, a man largely considered to be the godfather of modern yacht design.
Cutting a distinct and striking profile, it’s clear that she is set to join the ranks of other iconic Feadship luxury yachts.
Bearing a nicely concave shape, the yacht is sure to retain a voluminous feel thanks to her generous beam and broad side decks, and the interior is reportedly just as impressive.
In their characteristic style, Feadship have once again produced a superyacht which is defined by its meticulous attention to detail
Attentive to light as well as space, certain portions of the superstructure along the exterior passageways have been carved away, with the overheads being angled upwards to allow the flow of natural light.
Possessing a truly dynamic layout, the beach club doubles up as a disco, there is an entire games deck, and accommodation consists of two VIP suites and three additional guest staterooms.
Descending on both the port and starboard sides, staircases leading to a generously proportioned swim platform off the stern offer an additional social space, whilst the transom door which can be opened whilst the yacht is sat at anchor is sure to be a popular feature.
Though there has been no published images which reveal the stylings of the interior, Studi Inigo have reportedly designed spaces which utilise a range of materials- including over 250 woods and stones- which have been selected to establish a stunning continuity.
Consistent with the seamlessness of the exterior and interior spaces, there is also a wooden spiral staircase encasing a glass elevator which allows guests to navigate between the various decks with ease.
With all of this in mind, it’s evident that the Dutch shipyard have no plans to do anything other than produce incredibly pioneering superyachts.
Obviously, as more information regarding JOY becomes available, YachtCharterFleet will be sure to provide comprehensive coverage.
More Yacht Information
Joy Yacht For Charter
70m Feadship, 2016
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y PIONEER Offers Two Free Days of CharterOffering guests 9 days charter for the price of 7, the 46m/151ft expedition yacht PIONEER is perfect for exploring the ...
- M/Y ELYSIAN Open For Charter In The CaribbeanFollowing her appearance at the Antigua Charter Yacht Show in December, the 60m/197ft motor yacht ELYSIAN is now availa...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- Greece Maintains Status as a Superyacht Hotspot With a new year now underway, it’s possible to see how Greece continued to maintain its position as one of the prime ya...
- M/Y AXIOMA Drops Rate By €255,000 For WinterOffering a considerable reduction on select dates this spring and autumn, the 72m/236ft motor yacht AXIOMA presents a d...