Shrouded in secrecy, the latest motor yacht from the German shipyard made a remarkable impression as she set completed her trials in the North Sea last week. According to her AIS transponder, she hit an impressive maximum speed of around 15 knots and cruised at an average of around 10 knots during her trials.
Filmed upon her return, Project Shu elegantly revealed more of her harmonious exterior lines styled by the legendary Espen Oeino. Finished in a stunning grey green colour scheme similar to the Nobiskrug superyacht 'Flying Fox', there's no doubt that she looks simply spectacular.
Her two helipads were also made visible in the video and photography which surrounded the trials. With the one on the bow measuring 14m and the one towards the aft an incredibly impressive 18m, there’s no doubt that the owner will be able to embark and disembark in style. Her 5m draft also means that she'll have plenty of berthing and cruising options.
The standout features of superyacht Project Shu are undoubtedly the wide open exterior spaces for the owner to entertain in style, a large swimming pool, and a number of balconies for getting in and out of the water with convenience.
As the video reveals, there are also plenty of shaded exterior areas which would make for suitable alfresco dining areas, or simply spots to enjoy a drink whilst cruising and at-anchor.
Breathtaking in terms of both size and style, Project Shu is assuredly one of the most highly anticipated deliveries of the year
Whilst there are currently no published images of her interior, the overall dimensions of Project Shu mean that is assuredly spacious. Furthermore, the interior designer enlisted for the job, Mark Berryman, has a history of producing relaxed and contemporary on board environments.
It has been reported, however, that the interior is composed of soft neutral tones and orante finishings that help to create a very modern look and feel.
The large windows which can be seen to wrap around the various decks also suggests that there will be plenty of natural light flowing into the privately owned superyacht.
Be sure to return regularly to YachtCharterFleet to get hold of all the latest news and images of Project Shu.
Whilst she is not expected to be made available to charter, be sure to take a look at all of the Lurssen yachts for charter.
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed