Shrouded in secrecy, the latest motor yacht from the German shipyard made a remarkable impression as she set completed her trials in the North Sea last week. According to her AIS transponder, she hit an impressive maximum speed of around 15 knots and cruised at an average of around 10 knots during her trials.
Filmed upon her return, Project Shu elegantly revealed more of her harmonious exterior lines styled by the legendary Espen Oeino. Finished in a stunning grey green colour scheme similar to the Nobiskrug superyacht 'Flying Fox', there's no doubt that she looks simply spectacular.
Her two helipads were also made visible in the video and photography which surrounded the trials. With the one on the bow measuring 14m and the one towards the aft an incredibly impressive 18m, there’s no doubt that the owner will be able to embark and disembark in style. Her 5m draft also means that she'll have plenty of berthing and cruising options.
The standout features of superyacht Project Shu are undoubtedly the wide open exterior spaces for the owner to entertain in style, a large swimming pool, and a number of balconies for getting in and out of the water with convenience.
As the video reveals, there are also plenty of shaded exterior areas which would make for suitable alfresco dining areas, or simply spots to enjoy a drink whilst cruising and at-anchor.
Breathtaking in terms of both size and style, Project Shu is assuredly one of the most highly anticipated deliveries of the year
Whilst there are currently no published images of her interior, the overall dimensions of Project Shu mean that is assuredly spacious. Furthermore, the interior designer enlisted for the job, Mark Berryman, has a history of producing relaxed and contemporary on board environments.
It has been reported, however, that the interior is composed of soft neutral tones and orante finishings that help to create a very modern look and feel.
The large windows which can be seen to wrap around the various decks also suggests that there will be plenty of natural light flowing into the privately owned superyacht.
Be sure to return regularly to YachtCharterFleet to get hold of all the latest news and images of Project Shu.
Whilst she is not expected to be made available to charter, be sure to take a look at all of the Lurssen yachts for charter.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.