The government of India has identified six islands in the Andaman and Nicobar group located in the Indian Ocean, where eco-tourism activities will be promoted in order to boost economic growth.
The Honorable Prime Minister of India has declared intentions to develop 1000 new destinations in the country for both for domestic and foreign tourists.
This month, the department of Environment & Forests identified six islands - Inglis Island, Sir Hugh Rose, North Button Island, Middle Button Island, Tarmugli Island and Aves Island - to be focused upon in the development of eco-tourism. The islands form part of a group of 572 Islands, islets and rocks located in the Bay of Bengal.
The Andaman and Nicobar islands are isolated, have breathtaking scenery and as a result, are swiftly becoming a highly sought after tourist destination. The islands have long been a favourite among superyacht travellers since the distance from Phuket in Thailand is relatively short.
A host of adventure tourism activities include trekking, game fishing, snorkelling, scuba diving, skiing and windsurfing.
For further information about visiting the Andaman Islands contact your preferred yacht charter broker.
To begin planning your next vacation, view all vessels available for an Indian Ocean luxury yacht charter.
The islands form part of a group of 572 Islands, islets and rocks located in the Bay of Bengal
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.