The Microsoft founder and philanthropist along with his wife and three children have been enjoying the Mediterranean summer in style this week during their annual vacation off the coast of Porto Cervo. As one of the largest superyachts in the world and equipped with every conceivable amenity in addition to an in impressive crew of 52, the 2011 Fincantieri-built motor yacht SERENE was the perfect choice for this ultra-luxurious vacation.
According to reports in the Daily Mail, the on board helipad was put to good use with trips to the mainland for some tennis lessons followed by an afternoon out on the jet-skis to entertain the kids. If that wasn’t enough, there is also a submarine, snowroom, cinema, playroom, multiple pools, a climbing wall and a trans-deck waterslide on offer to keep them entertained for hours.
In between running his Microsoft Empire and extensive charity commitments, luxury charter vacations have provided the perfect platform for him and his family to enjoy time together in comfort and privacy.
The grown-ups aren’t left out of the fun however during a charter on the award-winning SERENE, with an exhaustive array of facilities. For total relaxation, the private beach club features a sauna and secluded sunbathing area, there is also a sundeck dance floor, two Jacuzzi’s and numerous al fresco dining areas to choose from. For entertaining meanwhile, SERENE provides luxurious interior living spaces to include a chic piano lounge with cocktail bar while outside a wet bar, barbeque, pizza oven and Teppanyaki grill ensure fantastic Mediterranean soirees.
She is one of a handful of yachts able to charter with more than 12 guests, boasting 12 stunning staterooms to accommodate up to 24 guests, comprising a master suite, VIP, seven doubles and three twin cabins. With design from Espen Oeino and interior styling by Reymond Langton, SERENE has been meticulously design to offer charter vacations of the highest calibre while ensuring stylish, comfortable and versatile living spaces.
In an interview earlier this year, Mr Gates said he doesn't plan to stay at the office for days at a time as he did in his younger days when he had 'energy and naiveté' on his side. In between running his Microsoft Empire and extensive charity commitments, luxury charter vacations have provided the perfect platform for him and his family to enjoy time together in comfort and privacy. Since its founding, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation has raised and donated billions towards research and development to tackle problems throughout the world to help the world’s poorest people lift themselves out of hunger and poverty.
Whether it’s a classic sailing yacht or magnificent luxury vessel such as SERENE, charter yacht vacations offer the world’s most high profile names the freedom to experience private time with loved ones away from the spotlight.
Charter rates for SERENE start at €1,600,000 per week to €2,800,000 plus expenses, for further information contact your yacht charter broker. Alternatively take a look at the full selection of motor yachts available for charter.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.