Despite its controversial depiction of the life of charter crew and guests, ‘reality’ TV show ‘Below Deck’ does offer a look into kinds of spectacular destinations that are possible on board a beautiful charter yacht such as OHANA – now sold and renamed RHINO – with season 2 filmed in the breath taking British Virgin Islands.
As luxury yachting vacations go, the British Virgin Islands are up there with the most historical, famous and popular, and for good reason. Shot over five weeks during the winter Caribbean season, the ‘Below Deck’ series gives a small insight into what makes this idyllic archipelago so appealing. With the three main island of Jost Van Dyke , Tortola and Virgin Gorda on offer, combined with a scattering of smaller islands and islets, there is everything you could need to create the perfect paradise charter itinerary
The beauty of a British Virgin Islands yacht charter is the abundant opportunities for island hopping, enjoying a range of bars, restaurants, dive sites and Caribbean beaches all within one vacation. At 20km long and 6km wide, Tortola is the largest of the BVI’s and the place where most charters embark and/or disembark due to its fantastic superyacht marinas and facilities.
The beautiful Virgin Gorda meanwhile epitomises the volcanic nature of the BVI’s, rising steeply out of the turquoise waters to a peak of 410m. Aside from its fine sand beaches and luxury resorts, the island is most famous for ‘the baths’ which can be found at the southern end of the island surrounded by clusters of huge granite boulders that form enchanting grottoes.
Renowned for its exclusive social scene and idyllic beaches, Jost Van Dyke has long been a hot spot for the superyacht set. Having recently undergone an extensive refit, the 47m/154ft motor yacht RHINO provides a luxurious setting in which to explore the British Virgin Islands. Her beautifully refreshed interior encompasses stylish, spacious living areas finished with fine furnishings and artworks, with accommodation offered for up to 10 guests in five staterooms.
An extensive array of amenities is provided, to include an expansive sundeck with Jacuzzi, shaded outdoor bar, a number of al fresco dining and seating areas and an armada of watertoys. RHINO will again be heading to the Caribbean waters this winter but this time away from the cameras. Weekly charter rates start at $140,000, contact your charter broker for further details.
See all motor yachts available for charter.
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.