Rich in charm and character, the 37m (121ft) luxury yacht THANDEKA is the ideal charter platform for those looking for an authentic sailing vacation in a unique and alluring destination.
The sailing yacht was initially launched in 1999, but plenty of modern upgrades and constant upkeep has ensured she is in pristine condition with a selection of the latest on-board amenities. She was most recently refitted in 2017.
This summer, she will be giving adventure-hungry charter guests the chance to discover Norway on a luxury yacht charter vacation.
Most itineraries around Norway begin in Bergen, the country’s second-largest city. From here, you can easily access the country’s famed west coast, with its pretty fishing villages and dramatic landscapes.
Cruising north, you’ll encounter the longest and deepest fjord in Norway; Sognefjord. In the summer months, you can kayak through the waters or step onshore to walk through the fields of wildflowers in bloom.
Further along the coast, the pretty little town of Alesund awaits. With its pastel-coloured buildings, up-and-coming dining scene and panoramic mountain-top views, this port town is well worth exploring for a day. Be sure to pay a visit to BRO, the culinary leader of the region.
THANDEKA will transport her guests through Norway in supreme style and comfort. She offers accommodation for up to eight guests in four cabins, and her interiors have been created by British studio Redman Whiteley Dixon.
She offers a large main salon with formal dining, generous lounge area and large TV screen. Skylights in the ceiling allow guests to enjoy views over the starry skies in the evenings, and warm wood offset by cream fabrics creates a classic, nautical setting.
These themes continue into the guest accommodation. The owner’s cabin is well-appointed, with sofa seating, and a generous bathroom with his and hers basin and large tub.
Guests looking to unwind alfresco can make use of an uncluttered foredeck and an aft deck social area.
For more inspiration and travel tips about Norway, check out our destination articles below:
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- Which yacht stars in the TV series 'Succession'?The 279ft (85m) charter yacht SOLANDGE is the yacht in HBO’s Succession. Hitting TV screens in 2019, the season finale ...
- 82m superyacht RoMea to charter in the Maldives this winterVenture to the lesser-explored Maldives this winter and discover a slice of paradise on board the 82m/ 268ft motor yach...
- First look inside brand new charter yacht SOARINGDue to launch later this year from Abeking & Rasmussen, the first renderings of the 68m/ 223ft motor yacht SOARING have...
- Superyacht KISMET gets blown up in '6 Underground' movieStarring in the biggest Netflix movie to date, Lurssen’s 95m/ 312ft motor yacht KISMET plays a central role in new Mich...