Rich in charm and character, the 37m (121ft) luxury yacht THANDEKA is the ideal charter platform for those looking for an authentic sailing vacation in a unique and alluring destination.
The sailing yacht was initially launched in 1999, but plenty of modern upgrades and constant upkeep has ensured she is in pristine condition with a selection of the latest on-board amenities. She was most recently refitted in 2017.
This summer, she will be giving adventure-hungry charter guests the chance to discover Norway on a luxury yacht charter vacation.
Most itineraries around Norway begin in Bergen, the country’s second-largest city. From here, you can easily access the country’s famed west coast, with its pretty fishing villages and dramatic landscapes.
Cruising north, you’ll encounter the longest and deepest fjord in Norway; Sognefjord. In the summer months, you can kayak through the waters or step onshore to walk through the fields of wildflowers in bloom.
Further along the coast, the pretty little town of Alesund awaits. With its pastel-coloured buildings, up-and-coming dining scene and panoramic mountain-top views, this port town is well worth exploring for a day. Be sure to pay a visit to BRO, the culinary leader of the region.
THANDEKA will transport her guests through Norway in supreme style and comfort. She offers accommodation for up to eight guests in four cabins, and her interiors have been created by British studio Redman Whiteley Dixon.
She offers a large main salon with formal dining, generous lounge area and large TV screen. Skylights in the ceiling allow guests to enjoy views over the starry skies in the evenings, and warm wood offset by cream fabrics creates a classic, nautical setting.
These themes continue into the guest accommodation. The owner’s cabin is well-appointed, with sofa seating, and a generous bathroom with his and hers basin and large tub.
Guests looking to unwind alfresco can make use of an uncluttered foredeck and an aft deck social area.
For more inspiration and travel tips about Norway, check out our destination articles below:
- Planning and booking a yacht charter during the Coronavirus pandemic 2020 - latest updatesBooking a private yacht charter in 2020 but don’t know where to start? Here’s all the essential travel and safety advic...
- Bumper Caribbean yacht charter season predicted as Coronavirus travel restrictions relaxSocial Distancing Yacht Charters in the Caribbean are expected to be highly popular this winter, signalling a promising...
- Lady Jorgia: 74m superyacht formerly known as ‘Odyssey II’ now for charterSold and renamed earlier this month, the multi-award-winning 74m (243’) superyacht ‘Lady Jorgia’ is now a luxury yacht ...
- Popular charter yacht SPIRIT shows off refined new interiors Fresh from an interior refit, the 54m (178') motor yacht SPIRIT has unveiled her contemporary new styling. While she i...
- Coronavirus and Yacht Charter: Your questions, answered by the expertsIf you're thinking about booking a yacht charter in summer 2020, Coronavirus may leave you with questions about cancell...
- LUNASEA: Feadship charter yacht HASNA renamed