Australia's Marina's Expand to Boost Superyacht Industry
The Spit marina in Sydney is undergoing a $5 million expansion to cater to a growing number of superyachts visiting Australia.
Owned by the d'Albora Marinas group, an additional 35 berths will be built as part of the development The Spit, which will also expand to allow luxury yachts of up to 36 metres will be able to use the facilities and upgrade its current amenities.
The expansion is driven by "market demand" according to Chief Executive Brett Bolton, and will be completed later this year.
Speaking on the development of The Spit, Bolton added, "The redevelopment of The Spit will benefit the boating and broader community as it is the only marina in Middle Harbour able to accommodate such a broad range of boats including superyachts."
The marina will feature a new premium berthing arm, improved access and egress, faster fuelling, extensive CCTV, a new leisure space and a new marina walkway to ensure maximum safety for those on an Australia charter vacation.
The Spit had previously struggled to accommodate demand with their previous capacity, but since announcing the expansion, are already taking bookings for post-term development. The marina joins Port Douglas in Queensland in Australia's efforts to boost revenue from the superyacht industry.
The country also hopes to increase the number of large vessels visiting its shores with a new temporary superyacht charter license for foreign yachts visiting Australia.
For more information about planning a charter vacation here, please contact your preferred charter broker.
An additional 35 berths will be built as part of the development
SUPERYACHTS FOR CHARTER IN AUSTRALIA:
Mondango 3 Yacht For Charter
56m Alloy Yachts, 2014
Hemisphere Yacht For Charter
44m Pendennis, 2011
De Lisle III Yacht For Charter
42m Gulf Craft, 2008 / 2014
Masteka 2 Yacht For Charter
37m Kha Shing, 2009
Quantum Yacht For Charter
37m Warren Yachts, 2009
Akiko Yacht For Charter
34m Alloy Yachts, 2007
Seven Star Yacht For Charter
30m Azimut, 2005
- S/Y ALEXA Opens for Charters for Two in IndonesiaThe 31m/102ft sailing yacht ALEXA is a one-cabin phinisi offering romantic adventures for two in the magnificent archip...
- 10 of the Best Motor Yachts Available For Charter in 2017With so many outstanding options on offer for 2017, we take a look at 10 of the best motor yachts to consider for your ...
- M/Y ‘Grace E’ Opens for America’s Cup CharterThe award-winning 73m/240ft motor yacht ‘Grace E’ will be in Bermuda this summer, offering guests an unforgettable char...
- M/Y HARMONYA Now Available For CharterOriginally built by the Benetti Sail Division in 2005 and refit to an incredibly high standard in 2010, the 29m/94ft mo...
- M/Y SERENITY Joins the Global Charter FleetThe 41m/133ft superyacht SERENITY is now available for charter in the Bahamas and Caribbean following her launch from C...
- Feadship M/Y AQUARIUS Opens for CharterFollowing her sensational launch last September, the 92m/302ft motor yacht AQUARIUS from Feadship has now become availa...