Located at the foot of the silos on development hot-spot Wynyard Quarter, the marina has announced that from October 2014 to April 2015 they hosted 28 superyachts at their headquarters, which significantly increased its berth capacity in 2010 to 10 berths (from originally offering 4).
The marina is described as offering the 'boutique' experience by Silo Marina manager, Luke Wigglesworth, due to its size and amenities. Wigglesworth commented that he believes the marina can "cater for the specific demands of clientele” visiting on a New Zealand superyacht charter vacation.
Taking over from the 119m/390ft superyacht A, who visited the previous summer, on her visit for Fincantieri yacht SERENE became the largest luxury yacht in Silo Marina's history to visit its facilities.
Emphasising the importance of visits from superyachts for the local economy and tourism, Waterfront Auckland Chief Executive, John Dalzell, stated “It’s been great to see an influx of these luxury vessels appearing on the Auckland waterfront in recent years as every time we get one in the dock we’re talking about more jobs and apprenticeships for the region in the rapidly growing refit sector. Silo Marina has been pivotal to this."
Every luxury yacht to visit New Zealand's waters contributes approximately $1-5 million to the local economy.
To find out more about planning a vacation here please contact your preferred charter broker, or take the time to view all vessels available for a New Zealand luxury yacht charter to begin your search.
The marina is described as offering the 'boutique' experience
- World’s largest explorer yacht REV hits the waterThe 183m/600ft expedition yacht REV has hit the water for the first time at the VARD shipyard in Romania.
- 86m S/Y AQUIJO now available to charter in remote South Atlantic islandsThe 86m/282ft sailing yacht AQUIJO is available to charter in the South Atlantic islands of Ascension Island, Tristan d...
- Sneak peak: Inside 136m ‘Flying Fox’, the world’s largest superyacht for charterDelivered earlier this year, the 136m/446ft motor yacht ‘Flying Fox’ made plenty of waves when she joined the internati...
- Video: 140m megayacht 'Project Lightning' on sea trialsLurssen’s 140m/459ft motor yacht ‘Project Lightning’ has been captured embarking on sea trials.
- Where can I charter a yacht in the Bahamas after Hurricane Dorian?YachtCharterFleet brings you the latest information on the current state of the Bahamas and up-to-date advice on where ...
- 111m superyacht TIS: 33rd largest yacht in the world now for charterLurssen’s 111m/364ft motor yacht TIS is now available for crewed yacht charters in the Mediterranean.