An outstanding selection of superyachts will open their doors to charter and yachting professionals today as the Antigua Charter Yacht Show 2016 gets into full swing.
More than 90 charter yachts are lined up across the three Antigua locations of Nelson’s Dockyard Marina, the Falmouth Harbour Marina and the Antigua Yacht Club Marina, preparing to welcome show visitors aboard when the yacht viewing gets underway this morning.
An industry-only event, the Antigua Charter Yacht Show enables charter brokers to step aboard some of the market’s most impressive yachts, getting to know the layouts, amenities, and Captain and crews in order to report back to their clients before the Caribbean season begins.
Today also sees judging take place for the Concours de Chef Competition on yachts measuring 160ft and over. Competing Chefs will have to win over judges with a three course Caribbean surf and turf luncheon with a tropical fruit dessert.
The day will then conclude with the Antigua Charter Yacht Show welcome cocktail party, kicking off at 6.30pm at the Copper & Lumber Store Hotel.
Must-see yachts include the 73m/238ft superyacht ‘Coral Ocean’. An iconic Lurssen build with exterior and interior design from the late and great Jon Bannenberg, the yacht has remained shrouded in much secrecy until entering the charter market earlier this year.
The largest yacht in show will be the 90m/296ft superyacht NERO from Corsair Yachts. A highlight of the 2015 edition, she will be sure to once again wow show visitors with her classic style. Plus, this year, she will be fresh from a multi-millor dollar nine-month refit.
Also making a return is the 65m/213ft superyacht CALLISTO, a Feadship classic embodying the yacht’s signature craftsmanship, and the magnificent 56m/185ft superyacht ‘My SEANNA’ from US yard Delta Marine.
New on the scene, however, is the 49m/161ft superyacht CHASSEUR. Launched in June this year, the Christensen delivery is expected to attract much attention as she departs from the yard’s typically walnut-clad offerings. Instead she boasts an attractive milk-glazed sycamore interior with teak floors.
Another new launch making an appearance is the 56m/184ft superyacht ‘The Wellesley’ from Oceanco. Boasting a beautiful 1920s style interior from Donald Starkey, and deck spaces primed for both entertainment and relaxation, she is expected to be another hit at this year’s event.
The show runs until 10th December and will also see a number of yachts host drinks and canapes during the evenings. YachtCharterFleet will keep you updated on all the latest news and happenings.
The Antigua Charter Yacht Show enables charter brokers to step aboard some of the market’s most impressive yachts
- FLYING FOX - World's largest charter yacht revealedIt has been announced that the brand new Lurssen Superyacht FLYING FOX will join the Charter Fleet.
- Tahiti yacht charters available at a reduced price with 60m M/Y DREAMCruise around Tahiti and the rest of French Polynesia at a discounted rate on board the 60m/197ft multi-award-winning m...
- The best brand-new superyachts for charter in 2019Be among the first to step on board a brand new superyacht with our round-up of the best recently-delivered yachts avai...
- M/Y ‘Christina O’ available to charter at a reduced rate in the MediterraneanExplore Mediterranean hotspots such as the South of France and the Italian Riviera at a reduced rate on board one of th...
- VIDEO: Feadship transports 93m charter yacht ‘Lady S’ In a recent video, Feadship gives viewers a behind-the-scenes glimpse into how they moved their 93m/ 305ft megayacht ‘L...
- Discover Belize with Westport M/Y TRENDINGEnjoy a Belize luxury yacht charter this June on board the 50m/165ft superyacht TRENDING from Westport.